News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on May 07, 2012, 01:35:41 PM
It's the Ali stalker goose!!

Is it returning to the scene of the crime?

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 07, 2012, 01:57:12 PM
FFFFFFF.... I have a week to write an original short story as an English final and I have absolutely no ideas.

I don't have any ideas either but Chub recommends lettuce, the whole lettuce cycle of woe.
You have your young hippo whose been warned of the perils growing up and she accepts it.  But then at an age she feels many of the things she's been told don't ring true, the things older hippos tell the young not to do they do with gusto once the young are presumed asleep.  If lettuce is so bad why does it taste so sweet? 

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Scissorlegs on May 07, 2012, 02:10:16 PM
Kids on bikes in rainy park, getting rained on in the wet with precipitous drizzle and a showery outlook. Did I mention it was raining too? Still, while on two wheels everyone's happy!

Anyway, here's a mechanical fail from yesterdays muddy ride. Note pedal and crank still clipped to shoe:

Ah Jaysus look what he's done, he's done gone and trudged mud all over the thread. 
Is he a fricken Anarchist sympathiser as well?  >:(

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 07, 2012, 01:57:12 PM
FFFFFFF.... I have a week to write an original short story as an English final and I have absolutely no ideas.
Well give us a clue. What's the exact brief?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2012, 02:20:08 PM
I don't have any ideas either but Chub recommends lettuce, the whole lettuce cycle of woe.
You have your young hippo whose been warned of the perils growing up and she accepts it.  But then at an age she feels many of the things she's been told don't ring true, the things older hippos tell the young not to do they do with gusto once the young are presumed asleep.  If lettuce is so bad why does it taste so sweet? 

:D

Quote from: Tank on May 07, 2012, 02:29:13 PM
Well give us a clue. What's the exact brief?

1.5-3 page short story on anything that we want. The worst part is that I usually have great ideas for a story but I can't come up with anything that I like. Usually I think of my best ideas before I go to bed, maybe I'll write them down this time.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 07, 2012, 01:08:13 PM

See?!?  You see?!?  Geese!  They are ev-il.  As in the fru-its of the dev-il.  (Not that any of us actually believe in the dev-il.  He's a metaphor.  ;D ;D ;D)

Siz- I've always kind of suspected that clipping my shoes to my bike pedals would result in a couple of badly broken legs.  How do you put your feet down when you come to a stop if they are attached to the bike?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 07, 2012, 02:26:18 PM
Aww, you named your hippo.

No.
Chub is my hat's name and I don't have time to explain his understanding of the modern young hippo sub culture.
I would ask you to be more sensitive in future, Ptolemypotemus is upset that you assumed her name to be chub.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2012, 04:29:27 PM

No.
Chub is my hat's name and I don't have time to explain his understanding of the modern young hippo sub culture.
I would you ask you to be more sensitive in future, Ptolemypotemus is upset that your assumed her name as chub.

Sounds like a hipster hippo to me. Sorry Ptolemypotemus. Can I call you "Mypote" for short?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 07, 2012, 04:33:23 PMSorry Ptolemypotemus. Can I call you "Mypote" for short?

She says no, doesn't like the "My" thing and wonders if pote just doesn't mean chub in some sly way anyway.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 07, 2012, 04:33:23 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2012, 04:29:27 PM

No.
I would you ask you to be more sensitive in future, Ptolemypotemus is upset that your assumed her name as chub.

Sounds like a hipster hippo to me. Sorry Ptolemypotemus. Can I call you "Mypote" for short?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Somebody hug me, fast!  I just found out that company wants to fly me out on Friday to interview for that position I applied for, which is good, although a little nerve wracking.  But the part that is making my heart hurt is that Friday is the Mommy & Me luncheon at T's preschool.  I was planning on going, and now I can't and all I can think about is T being the only kid there without his mom.  I emailed the teacher to let her know that I can't go and asking what they are doing with the kids whose parents can't be there, but I still feel absolutely rotten about it.  I left a message for my MIL to find out what days she is going to be out of town.  They are going on vacation sometime in the next week or so, but she may be available on Friday to attend in my stead.  Otherwise maybe my mom can take a long lunch and do it.  Oh man, I feel like such a crap mom at the moment.   :'(  Poor T.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

((((Ali))))

please try not to beat yourself up over it, hon. Sometimes these things come up, and as bad as the timing is, this interview could be a very good thing.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

((((Ali))))
I agree, don't beat yourself up too much <3 sounds like it could be a great opportunity.

Edit: Taken my grumbles elsewhere