Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on January 29, 2012, 07:06:15 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on January 29, 2012, 03:00:25 PM
The Asmo is snowed in  >:( And thoroughly displeased. Sending a whole kindergarten into an industrial meat grinder kind of displeased.  >:(
Asmo snowman please!
No. Misery, a broken back and a thirty centimeters snow shovel.

...And a parking lot that an comfortably accomodate three cars and is big enough that when I've done one end, the other is just as bad as before I started  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

The Asmo is snowed in  >:( And thoroughly displeased. Sending a whole kindergarten into an industrial meat grinder kind of displeased.  >:(
Asmo snowman please!

He must have been made out of parking lot snow.

I'm feeling a little sad.  I have been doing a complete reorg or T's toys and books, which has led me to realize how much he's grown since the last time I did this about a year ago.   :'(

En_Route

The genius of Ian Dury. The Spanish tax system. My daughter's plans to relocate to Abu Dhabi.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 29, 2012, 08:13:52 PM
The Asmo is snowed in  >:( And thoroughly displeased. Sending a whole kindergarten into an industrial meat grinder kind of displeased.  >:(
Asmo snowman please!

He must have been made out of parking lot snow.

Perfect!

Quote from: Ali on January 29, 2012, 08:13:52 PM
I'm feeling a little sad.  I have been doing a complete reorg or T's toys and books, which has led me to realize how much he's grown since the last time I did this about a year ago.   :'(
Oh dear. They do grow up so quick. Blink and they're a spent college fund and you're a granny.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on January 29, 2012, 03:32:06 PM
Sweet D - I had to google "airsoft guns" - It's like a BB gun, right?

The closest thing to a gun I've ever shot is a Super Soaker  LOL.  But it was really big!  It had a back pack to carry extra water!

Hmmmm.  I need to get another Super Soaker.  My dad and son are already planning epic water gun battles for this summer......

Yes, siree!! Except the spring inside is really tight, so you cant REALLY harm anything. I couldnt even pop balloons in my room. T_T
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Brieze

Week one with the Claisonic. I wish I had taken before and after pictures, because my skin is that better looking. Definitely not a rip off.

Ali

I freaking love Ikea.  We just got one like 4 months ago, and I had no idea what all of the fuss was about.  Now I could write a commercial for them.  I think I will.

Announcer:  Has your place shrunk from the palacial domain you bought when you were 26 and living in a tiny studio apartment in a fashionable area of town?
*Pans to Ali's smallish house in the burbs.
Announcer: Do you hang on to things, either because you had a childhood characterized by crippling poverty....
*pans to Ali.  She shrugs in a "you got me" style, and smiles.
Or out of simple unmitigated greed?
*Pans to Jon.  He winks and "shoots" his finger.
Do you have a smallish tent pitched, inexplicably, on your kitchen table?
*Pans to Ali's kitchen, where there is a child-sized tent pitched, inexplicably, on her kitchen table.
Announcer:  Ikea.  We'll help you find a place for your shit.

Brieze

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 01:55:34 AM
I freaking love Ikea.  We just got one like 4 months ago, and I had no idea what all of the fuss was about.  Now I could write a commercial for them.  I think I will.

Announcer:  Has your place shrunk from the palacial domain you bought when you were 26 and living in a tiny studio apartment in a fashionable area of town?
*Pans to Ali's smallish house in the burbs.
Announcer: Do you hang on to things, either because you had a childhood characterized by crippling poverty....
*pans to Ali.  She shrugs in a "you got me" style, and smiles.
Or out of simple unmitigated greed?
*Pans to Jon.  He winks and "shoots" his finger.
Do you have a smallish tent pitched, inexplicably, on your kitchen table?
*Pans to Ali's kitchen, where there is a child-sized tent pitched, inexplicably, on her kitchen table.
Announcer:  Ikea.  We'll help you find a place for your shit.

This made me lol  :D

Tank

I love what Ikea sell. I loath the way they go about it. If they didn't have good quality products at good prices I wouldn't go near them. I like building things so their self assembly furniture is actually quite fun to buy and build. But the megastore with its 'wander around' layout is a complete ball ache. When I go shopping I know what I want and I want to get it ASAP. So definitely a poison challis as far as I'm concerned.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

We have an Ikea bed and those stupid wooden "slat" thingies keep slipping out of place, thus making my side of the bed all slumpy.
It drives me batty.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

I like to use Ikea's maze like layout to play hide-and-seek with my friends.  ;D Best place to do it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

I know what you mean Tank - definitely not a "run in and run out" kind of store.  I don't mind it though because I'm totally enamored of their products at the moment, so I enjoy the grand tour.  My husband has only been there 3 times now and he has already memorized all of the shortcuts for just the reason you mentioned.  He doesn't have much patience for being herded through the entire store either.

DJ- I'm sorry to hear that about your bed.  I was thinking about getting T an Ikea bed when he grows out of his toddler bed, but I will keep that in mind.

Buddy

So tired. Vinnie got into the grain bin last night and he gave himself colic. Been up since 1 am walking in circles trying to get him unblocked. I'm at school now and mom is at the barn still walking. Vet's coming out at 3:30 to stick a tube down him with some oil. Stress doesn't even begin to cover my mood. Luckily my animal science teacher is really nice and let me sleep in her class during lunch.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

I'm sorry about your horse.  How did you know he was sick?

MariaEvri

I think that if this keeps up I'll fall into depression. I feel so different from everybody else, so out of place, I cant find anyone to share my interests, and the few "friends" I had... I dropped them...
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com