News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 30, 2019, 01:06:00 AM
I just went for a long walk with my headphones on, listening to music. I walked until my phone died and then I kept right on walking. I feel pretty good right now.

That's great. Back in the day when I had too much time on my hands, I would walk for at least a couple of hours daily, listening to music on my mp4 player, until I was mugged a couple of times and decided it wasn't worth it. 

I do miss that "walker's high" though.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I hate that there are places in the world like that. You should be able to go for a frigging walk in peace.  >:(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 30, 2019, 02:16:24 AM
I hate that there are places in the world like that. You should be able to go for a frigging walk in peace.  >:(

Yeah!  >:(

Because what are the options? Go to a gym to walk on a treadmill facing a television set with our mentally challenged president on talking about how he's going to lessen violence with imbecilic policies.  ::)

:sad sigh:

jumbojak

You know, you're in the land of the Gracie family and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Not that it would help with muggers but a fight club is a lot of fun.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 30, 2019, 02:38:27 AM
You know, you're in the land of the Gracie family and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Not that it would help with muggers but a fight club is a lot of fun.

Hmmm... :chin:

jumbojak

I'd even bet you can get a free class at your local gym. Good stress relief, full contact, but low impact. Very empowering too, from what I've seen. As soon as I'm able I plan on giving it a shot.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 30, 2019, 02:51:54 AM
I'd even bet you can get a free class at your local gym. Good stress relief, full contact, but low impact. Very empowering too, from what I've seen. As soon as I'm able I plan on giving it a shot.

Yeah, they probably do offer some free classes. I'll check it out. Nothing like throwing people around like ragdolls to relieve some stress, heh.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 30, 2019, 02:23:33 AM

Because what are the options? Go to a gym to walk on a treadmill facing a television set with our mentally challenged president on talking about how he's going to lessen violence with imbecilic policies.  ::)

Hey! Another mentally challenged president!  >:( Sheeze. Too bad about the muggings. If you lived in the US maybe you could get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. J/K, that's a really good way to get really hurt, when some hijo de perra comes up behind you, clubs you and then takes your gun.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 30, 2019, 03:56:41 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 30, 2019, 02:23:33 AM

Hey! Another mentally challenged president!  >:( Sheeze. Too bad about the muggings. If you lived in the US maybe you could get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. J/K, that's a really good way to get really hurt, when some hijo de perra comes up behind you, clubs you and then takes your gun.

And that's exactly what he used as one of the main promises of his campaign -- lax gun laws in Brazil, which will result in a lot of unprepared people purchasing guns and increasing gun-related deaths overall.

Gun lobbyists must be very happy.

xSilverPhinx

Dark Lightning

jumbojak

How common are firearms in Brazil?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 30, 2019, 03:37:12 PM
How common are firearms in Brazil?

At the moment ordinary civilians cannot have a permit to own guns or carry concealed weapons.

Bad Penny II

I spent some hours over the weekend in Illustrator designing a shelf cabinet thingy and pricing timber.
Timber is expensive these days, I don't like paying four times more than I did 30 years ago.
So I search for timber on Gumtree (#1 classifieds site in the UK, Australia, South Africa, and Singapore) and timber furniture pops up and there's this cabinet for $20, fk it, that'll do.  Saves me a lot of bother and $$

Take my advice, don't listen to me.