News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Out of the closet and into the light.

Started by Naked4Jesus, May 20, 2007, 03:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naked4Jesus

I've actually been out of the closet for some time but now I no longer lie and say that I believe in some benevolent god.  Before I used to go with the flow and get pats on the back and smile and handshakes.  Now I get looks of disgust, parents hid their children when I walk by and people say I have emotional problems.  One of the theists favorite battle cry is "Christ, don't you believe in anything!!!"  To which I reply, yes, I believe you're an azzhole.  Sorry for the colorful verbage but sometimes it feels better just to tell it like it is.  

I went to a Roman Catholic grade school and high school so it's not that I haven't tried to believe it's that my rational mind would not allow me to.  I'd love to believe in some "higher power" that's gonna let me chew on grapes and play the harp all day once they put a tombstone over my decomposing body but I can't.  Damn it I can't!  If I saw someone leaving their faith on an end  table next to an open window I'd sneak by steal it and run!  I'd run right home try it on for size and make it my own.  Unfortunately as amusing the thought of that might be it just isn't possible.  I can't get my own faith and I can't steal anyone else's.  Where the hell does that leave me?  

I figured, I'm pretty happy guy and I consider myself fairly rational and definitely an atheist so I thought I'd join this site which I found googling theological and philosophical topics to further research my lack of belief and why I'm so screwed up.  I thought that maybe if I found a group of people like I'd be able to share some of my thoughts on theism, atheism, religion and morality then maybe by virture of our growing numbers we won't all feel so rejected by society or maybe that's just the way people like me feel.  You know, the apologetic atheists.  I'm sorry I can't believe.  I even tried to be a "weak" atheist and couldn't hang.  

I'm hoping to be able to stop in once in a while and learn and grow intellectually as well as have a few laughs along the way.  Can I get an amen?

tacoma_kyle

Dont say sorry dont it it at all! haha

Whats up? Lifes going well but your screwed up? Sounds like a lot of us haha, well like me anyhow.

I kinda think (based basically on me) that atheists tend to have a few more personal issues. I know I do, you obviously do. Take it with a grain of salt and remember at least you know about them. Yeah others may kinda be living in some sort of 'matrix,' in a sense, through their eyes and be oblivious to there being a 'reality' of reality. But yeah...

Where did that go? haha I dotn know. I'm strange compared to all these other Oregonians so I have trouble making real -good- friends that I feel like I could have a honest and serious conversation with, (moved here in K-Falls 8 months back) but thats life. I have a few though.

Anyhow, later! I got some Heineken, chicken and Sopranos waitin! Actually its cooking, so I'll look at the rest of your posts lol.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

SteveS

Hi Naked4Jesus, welcome!  Interesting background story.

Naked4Jesus

Quote from: "tacoma_kyle"Dont say sorry dont it it at all! haha

Whats up? Lifes going well but your screwed up? Sounds like a lot of us haha, well like me anyhow.

I kinda think (based basically on me) that atheists tend to have a few more personal issues. I know I do, you obviously do. Take it with a grain of salt and remember at least you know about them. Yeah others may kinda be living in some sort of 'matrix,' in a sense, through their eyes and be oblivious to there being a 'reality' of reality. But yeah...

Where did that go? haha I dotn know. I'm strange compared to all these other Oregonians so I have trouble making real -good- friends that I feel like I could have a honest and serious conversation with, (moved here in K-Falls 8 months back) but thats life. I have a few though.

Anyhow, later! I got some Heineken, chicken and Sopranos waitin! Actually its cooking, so I'll look at the rest of your posts lol.

I hope that Heineken was nice and cold and went down smooth.  Thanks for the intro and yes a lot of us have issues.  I figure if we get enough people to admit it we'll rule the world with our sheer numbers.

Naked4Jesus

Quote from: "SteveS"Hi Naked4Jesus, welcome!  Interesting background story.

Thanks for the welcome!   :D