News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

10 Things About Yourself

Started by Cecilie, May 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDbeads

Nope!  And she isn't getting diapers either!  We put her out with the others at 12 weeks old  ;)   Hubby wasn't happy but I'm the one cleaning up the house.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Quote from: "KDbeads"Nope!  And she isn't getting diapers either!  We put her out with the others at 12 weeks old  ;)   Hubby wasn't happy but I'm the one cleaning up the house.
Ah! Ooo! Ewwww!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Kylyssa"9. I read very fast and if I'm in the mood I may finish seven or eight novels in a day.
Wow. Did you take a speed reading course?

No, and I didn't even know that it was abnormal until I was a teenager.  I'm autistic.  Maybe it's an idiot savant thing.

Quote10.  I am working on writing another novel.

Quote from: "Sophus"Another one? That's so cool... What's the first one?  :)
None are published.  Yet.  Doesn't just about everyone have an unpublished novel or three sitting around these days?

My first is titled Legacy of the Lamb.  It's about cloning and a fraud involving religion.  The lamb I'm talking about isn't Jesus, it's Dolly.  I think it needs a major re-work.  

The second has a working title of Beyond Suffering and has no real title yet, though I feel it is finished.  It's about a society in which, due to advanced technologies, people seldom suffer.  It is not a novel about hubris, I treat the technology as a very positive development.

The one I'm currently working on is tiled The Eyes of the Law and it's about a blind attorney whose vision is restored using nanotechnology.  I may squash it into a novella.

I've also started (just an outline and about 10,000 words) a book called The Zeitgeist Lever.  It's about what makes a person a person.  It follows the legal entanglements an extremely reconstructed man faces in trying to reclaim his estate from family who are fighting to have him declared dead because too much of his body is not factory original, so to speak.

Sophus

Quote from: "Kylyssa"None are published.  Yet.  Doesn't just about everyone have an unpublished novel or three sitting around these days?

Well... I do some poetry.  :D  :pop:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Gawen

1) Been married for 29 years.
2) Ride a motorcycle that has a sidecar on it and is my chief form of transport.
3) If you wrong me, I WILL get you back. Retribution may not be swift, but it will happen.
4) Love firearms.
5) I work in sewer.
6) Fav music: 80's Metal
7) I have ringing in my ears 24/7.
8) Been an atheist my whole life.
9) WWII and pre-WWII Historian (mostly German)
10) Read every night while in bed.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Asmodean

1. I play synthesizers in a Metal band.
2. I have two pet rats named Clawsâ,,¢ 1.0 and Clawsâ,,¢ 2.0, pet names "Big Mouse" and "Little Mouse"
3. I've been writing poetry since the age of five.
4. I speak three languages fluently and one more imperfectly.
5. I tend to whine too much over nothing and not at all over something serious
6. My stomach refuses to go back to where it was when I was younger  :rant:
7. I have a part time job at a small store
8. I smoke. Am not quitting either.
9. My friend and I are going to a festival this summer
10. I have a music studio at home... Sort of.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Gawen

I thought I would take the time to post certain 'points' that I liked about everyone's 10 points about themselves.
Cecilie:
4. My biggest wish is that I was smarter. I think you're on your way because you...
5. Think too much....*chucklin*
KDbeads:
8 I live in Central TX where it's hotter than hades but I can't take the sun and heat at the same time, I'll end up in the hospital. Not leaving though, hate cold more than you can imagine. I know how you feel, being a transplant myself.
philosoraptor:
10. I like reading in the bathtub. Same here.
karadan  :
7. I can clap one-handed. Made me laugh.
skwurll :
4. I have slept with my eyes open. (Hurts like an S.O.B. when you wake up with your eyes all dried out) Good grief!!!
Will: 4) Yesterday, Neil Degrasse Tyson, the famous physicist, totally schooled me on Twitter. It was awesome. Pretty kewl!
elliebean:
2. I have to take a prescription medication twice a day to keep from suddenly dying. A side effect is that it makes me very tired all the time and sometimes lightheaded, but another side effect is that it keeps my mood swings and panic attacks in check. I am at a loss for words. I'm quite moved however.
Kylyssa:
1. I sometimes get caught by the play of light across a reflective surface. I sometimes just get....caught...*grinnin*
hismikeness:
VI. I have a Fiesta Bowl Ring Impressive.
MariaEvri:
7. l refuse to "act like my age" I'm probably 30 years older than you and I don't act my age either.
Tom62:
2. My wife and I live more than 4000 miles apart. Holy Crap!
Tank:
8. Have grown to loath theism in almost all its forms. Couldn't make up my mind between 7 & 8. This one won. Love your avatar, btw.
pinkocommie:
6. I crochet blankets that I donate to the local animal shelter. That's great. I've worked in our animal shelter in the past.
i_am_i:
10. I wouldn't change anything. Pretty much says it all, huh?...*smilin*
curiosityandthecat:
7. Americans often annoy me. Same here, and I'm American...*shrugs*
EssejSllim:
8. I don't understand why people enjoy watching sporting events at the stadium when they could watch them at home. Same here.
mama_ape:
8. My favorite food is anything Mexican. Having lived in Texas for the last 10 years, I can't stand Mexican food anymore.
Beast:
7. I have been an Atheist for my entire life. Was difficult to choose between 1 & 7.
Sophus:
2. My house is quite strange and quaint. Intriguing. Never heard anyone describe their home in this way.
Asmodean:
5. I tend to whine too much over nothing and not at all over something serious I can relate to that.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Gawen"Asmodean:
5. I tend to whine too much over nothing and not at all over something serious I can relate to that.
You forgot to make my name appear bold.  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Gawen

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "Gawen"Asmodean:
You forgot to make my name appear bold.  :P
Sorry bout that. All fixed.

elliebean

Quote from: "Gawen"elliebean:
2. I have to take a prescription medication twice a day to keep from suddenly dying. A side effect is that it makes me very tired all the time and sometimes lightheaded, but another side effect is that it keeps my mood swings and panic attacks in check. I am at a loss for words. I'm quite moved however.
Well what I should have said is that it keeps me from suddenly almost dying; my ICD would kick in at that point and shock me back to life.... not the best time I've ever had, hehe. Anyway, my doctor just switched my meds to one that should have less adverse side effects and will hopefully work at least as well as the other. So far, so good.  :) Now I just have to get used to being more active again.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Gawen

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "Gawen"elliebean:
Well what I should have said is that it keeps me from suddenly almost dying; my ICD would kick in at that point and shock me back to life.... not the best time I've ever had, hehe. Anyway, my doctor just switched my meds to one that should have less adverse side effects and will hopefully work at least as well as the other. So far, so good.  :) Now I just have to get used to being more active again.
Well that's good to hear. Hope it works out.

Cecilie

So I thought I'd bring this thread back again seeing there's a lot of new members.  :-)
The world's what you create.

Thumpalumpacus

In no particular order:

I have a good son.
I'm a musician (guitar, bass, keys, drums)
I like good, pungent cheeses that bite you back
I'd rather be honest than nice
I spent four years growing up in Iran
I'm an optimist
Rudeness really, really bugs me
I'm often very rude
My favorite city in America in San Luis Obispo
Football is the sport of kings (American football, goddamnit)
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Cite134

1. I am self-conscious
2. I've only been an atheist for 4 months now.
3. I am shy and observant.
4.I can type 70 WPM
5. I love astronomy, and sci-fi movies.
6. I enjoy working out/exercising when I have the time.
7. I like animals.
8. I have no intentions in getting married.
9. Generally speaking, I don't like people.
10. I have 8 brothers and sisters. (all younger)

=D
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

The Black Jester

1) I have a fetish for Neuroscience
2) I have an equally strong fetish for Philosophy
3) My brother is my best friend
4) I'm a Meisner trained actor with an MFA, specializing in classical theater.
5) I make my money supporting some of the bankers involved in the financial meltdown.
6) I've been married for 3 years now, and I love my wife.
7) I played football from the time I was 10 until I was 17.
8) I write poetry and short, fantasy fiction
9) I teach acting in my off hours.
10) Ice cream is my kryptonite.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com