News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Started by Ali, July 18, 2012, 07:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Amicale has reached her 2000th post! (And then some!)  Congrats Amicale!

Tank

Well spotted Ali!!!

Well done Amicale  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Well done, Amicale!  Keep 'em coming.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Amicale

Thank you!  ;D

I do love this place. I'll definitely keep 'em coming.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

8)Congrats! ;D You've now joined the ranks of the 2000ers.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

markmcdaniel

It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Recusant

Yay! I appreciate and enjoy your kind and friendly presence here, Amicale. Carry on!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dobermonster

Hurrah! Here's to a few thousand more!

Sweetdeath

I was just gonna post this XD I'm too late.

Congrats, Amicale!!  ;D ;D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sandra Craft

Congratulations, Amicale!  Here's a feather for your cap:

(I'm watching a documentary about birding on HBO and it's inspired me)
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

That's a nice feather.

Not that it's the case with Amicale, but it's a good way of branding someone a featherhead. ;D

I feel strangely giddy and not giddy at the same time. Don't take this the wrong way.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey