News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Because using a cattle brand implies a lack of trust.

Started by Ali, June 28, 2012, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 10:22:57 PM
I'm not saying men never cheat Tank.  Simply that if he wants to cheat, stalking his voicemail, email, Twitter account, et cetera, isn't going to fix that.  It's the same problem I have with the imprinting ring; you can't "keep" someone that doesn't want to be "kept."
I agree. In fact if one person harasses their partner in the way you describe I would suspect it would make matters worse not better!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Holy hell, who has the energy to go through another person's communications every day? I barely answer my own text messages in a timely fashion. And I'm someone who does think my husband is a little naive when it comes to his attractiveness to other woman (not that he's a stupid person - but he's totally a catch and I don't think he realizes it. He's too humble, you see  :P ). But jaysus, I'll be damned if I'm going to start a one-woman surveillance operation.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 10:09:44 PM
Or you could just spend your mornings stalking your husband's email and voicemail like this woman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2171225/I-snoop-mans-emails-I-dont-trust-women-says-Samantha-Brick.html?ITO=1490

My favorite part of that article was:

QuoteMen seem to have no idea about how pitifully easily they can be trapped by unscrupulous women hell bent on hooking any chap they fancy.

Saints preserve us from spending our reproductive years with men too stupid to know when they're being lured away by another woman.

Am I mistaken, or isn't the author of this article the same woman that drove the Internet crazy a few months ago by writing about the way men fall all over her and women hate her because she's attractive?  

Yes, I saw her being interviewed on my televisual apparatus. I don't know about the rest of her hypotheses, but she is sadly mistaken about her own physical charms. She's not ugly but she's far from being a stunner. I mean that in a very pro-Vagina and  non-sexist way.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 11, 2012, 10:30:29 PM
Holy hell, who has the energy to go through another person's communications every day? I barely answer my own text messages in a timely fashion. And I'm someone who does think my husband is a little naive when it comes to his attractiveness to other woman (not that he's a stupid person - but he's totally a catch and I don't think he realizes it. He's too humble, you see  :P ). But jaysus, I'll be damned if I'm going to start a one-woman surveillance operation.

We've seen your otic ornamentation and the dazzling selection of Modcloth couture. He ain't going nowhere.

Sweetdeath

What the fuck?
If you dont trust your partner or are sooo insecure with yourself-- then dont be in a relationship. :( :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 11, 2012, 10:45:48 PM
What the fuck?
If you dont trust your partner or are sooo insecure with yourself-- then dont be in a relationship. :( :(
But insecure people almost invariable seek a relationship to feel validated. I've never met an insecure person that wanted to be insecure on their own. It's not an emotionally satisfactory situation for an insecure person to be in. One of the ways abusive relationship happen and continue is the insecurity of the 'victim' partner. The abuser plays on the insecurity of the victim partner's insecurities.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 11:08:58 PM
What the fuck?
But insecure people almost invariable seek a relationship to feel validated. I've never met an insecure person that wanted to be insecure on their own. It's not an emotionally satisfactory situation for an insecure person to be in. One of the ways abusive relationship happen and continue is the insecurity of the 'victim' partner. The abuser plays on the insecurity of the victim partner's insecurities.
This is true. I guess if the person doesn't seek help for their own insecurities they will continue this sad chain of actions.

Like women and men who cheat constantly just because they are insecure. it's so sad. then it makes nice guys (like my coworker Marc who is sooo cute and so kind) feel like 'all women are the same' cuz he has been cheated on before. it really upsets me that people do this to each other. ;__; I love nice guys too much for them to be hurt. and same with poor women who have gone through this with their men.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on July 11, 2012, 11:08:58 PM
What the fuck?

This X100
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Am I the only one whose Creep Alert flashes on when I hear about a "nice guy" who bemoans that "women are all the same?"  I've yet to meet a self labeled "nice guy who is always getting screwed over by women" that doesn't come with a healthy dose of manipulation and misogyny. 

Dobermonster

Quote from: Ali on July 12, 2012, 12:57:55 AM
Am I the only one whose Creep Alert flashes on when I hear about a "nice guy" who bemoans that "women are all the same?"  I've yet to meet a self labeled "nice guy who is always getting screwed over by women" that doesn't come with a healthy dose of manipulation and misogyny. 

I find 'nice guys' are more likely to be insecure and fearful of being alone. I've met plenty of women who were guilty of this as well.

Though not very scholarly, this article gets it just about right: http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 10:22:57 PM
It's the same problem I have with the imprinting ring; you can't "keep" someone that doesn't want to be "kept."

Sort of like the "let them go and if they come back" kind of thing? Yeah I think a ring or anything similar is pointless beyond a symbolic show.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

En_Route

Anyone who describes themselves upfront as "nice" invariably isn't.

The Magic Pudding

I disagree with that, at least partially.  I think males or females can be drawn repeatedly to the wrong kind of person for them.  My brother told me once he liked bitchy women, I didn't take him to mean someone who'd challenge him in a positive way.  Oh but he would come with an unhealthy dose of manipulation and misogyny as you say, maybe you're right.

Sweetdeath

No, no.
he's young (under 20)
Only been in one serious relationship and his gf cheated on him.
Some people really have bad taste or luck in relationships. it happens! Don't be so suspicious of people >_>;; sheesh

please,i am the last person to ever fall for the fake 'nice guy' act. :p

DeterminedJuliet

Ya knows Ali, now. She's always SOO suspicious of everyone...  
Edit: But seriously, having one person cheat on you is grounds for thinking that "all women are the same"?