News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Rant Thread

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2012, 03:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I don't want to darken the general laid back mood of this forum but I think a good exclusively for ranting thread is lacking around here. A place where you can go to blurt out your innermost turmoil to everyone and anyone, people who want to hear about how your day didn't go well...or not. Or how some evil thing just keeps following you around in attempt to make your life miserable.

Just as importantly, a thread that people can avoid if they don't feel like reading about just how ____________ (add nasty adjective here) ________ (add something) is.
A real cesspool of pure noxiously obnoxious cacophonous whining, whingeing and endless rambling. 

How you wish you could wish upon a star and some things could simply resolve themselves, and quickly too, before you can snap your fingers ;D

>:(

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

This can be the evil twin thread of 'Reasons to be cheerful!"
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Let's start easy, shall we?

There are road works around here... Some people got some money, and so they are busily re-decorating E-18. Naturally, they've mowed the asphalt and not put out signs saying there is a sharp edge going along the right side of the road. Double puncture, CURSED be the cheap-ass hard rubber tyres!  >:(

I wouldn't even mind if as a result of it all, the road became like... Better. But nooo, them holes that were there before, they still be there. Thery are just coated with some new asphalt.  >:(

Me not having the best of weeks, this is where I would normally insert a long string of curses, but those are such as to wilt the ears off even this thread.  >:(

Oh, and have I mentioned  >:( ? Well,  >:(>:( , I tell you.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Sorry to hear about your tire(s) Asmo!  That sucks!

Buddy

I hate it when someone won't get the hint that I don't like them and they keep staring at me in a creepy way.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

I could absolutely kick myself not taking the early retirement I was offered in December.  Then I'd have 6 months of sleeping in and spending all day reading under my belt now instead of dragging myself to work everyday for another 5 months.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on June 19, 2012, 09:40:21 AM
This can be the evil twin thread of 'Reasons to be cheerful!"

:D

It's here to, like a vacuum cleaner, suck in all the dissatisfaction that people don't want to talk about because...well, for whatever reason.

But yeah, the antagonists are good ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Hector Valdez

They say that retirement will be pushed back further and further into the future for people like me. Having said that, however, going to work should not be underestimated as a source of satisfaction. Believe me, after day three, you will wake up and go: "Shit, do I really have the next thirty years to find something to do?

Masturbation is a chronic problem amongst the unemployed.

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: RenegeReversi on June 20, 2012, 06:06:36 AMMasturbation is a chronic problem amongst the unemployed.

Let's not forget those of us that are employed though...   ;D
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

technolud

This could be a very dangerous thread for me.  I could see spending all my time here.

I'll start with Fox News.  Fair an balanced they claim.  And people are f.......g stupid enough to believe it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: RenegeReversi on June 20, 2012, 06:06:36 AM
They say that retirement will be pushed back further and further into the future for people like me. Having said that, however, going to work should not be underestimated as a source of satisfaction. Believe me, after day three, you will wake up and go: "Shit, do I really have the next thirty years to find something to do?

Oh, trust me, I'm not the sort of person who can't find things to do.  I expect to be busier after retirement than before it, just with things I actually enjoy doing.

QuoteMasturbation is a chronic problem amongst the unemployed.

And the bored. (now were did I leave my "special friend", Hoyt?)
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

LMAO!  BCE, your "special friend" is named Hoyt?

Lessee, what am I grouchy about?  Well, my car is in the shop, which means that I am stranded here at work.  And, AND the neverending flood remidiation continues at my house.  So basically both my house and my car are all messed up.  Also, this shirt is lower cut than I remembered, and I have to sit up very straight at all times or else risk having parts of me fall out.  >:(

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2012, 04:45:49 PM
LMAO!  BCE, your "special friend" is named Hoyt?

Lessee, what am I grouchy about?  Well, my car is in the shop, which means that I am stranded here at work.  And, AND the neverending flood remidiation continues at my house.  So basically both my house and my car are all messed up.  Also, this shirt is lower cut than I remembered, and I have to sit up very straight at all times or else risk having parts of me fall out.  >:(

Use that shirt to your advantage! Go convince a male coworker that he should buy you a yummy lunch.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

LOL  Opportunity wasted.  I spent lunch eating leftovers and huddled under a shawl because this skimpy shirt has me freezing to death.   

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: technolud on June 20, 2012, 11:11:47 AM
This could be a very dangerous thread for me.  I could see spending all my time here.

I'll start with Fox News.  Fair an balanced they claim.  And people are f.......g stupid enough to believe it.

Fox news is the kind of thing that just shows that most people who claim left wing are really somewhere in the middle, and people who claim right wing are ignorant fools.  We tend to see reason and admit fault whereas they ignore every good thing a democrat does or spins it into a bad thing.  Every time they have a debate they either cut off the democrat constantly or cut them off completely by going to a commercial right when they start talking.  When tea partiers step on a womans head that kind of thing is brushed under the table, but when a gay couple wants to get married it is the end of the world as we know it.  You may want to look up a facebook page called boycott Rush Limbaugh's sponsors.  There are more than one.  I suggest liking all of them and bugging the hell out of whatever sponsor is the focus of that time.  When I really want to rant I watch fox news for 5 minutes yelling at the screen the entire time.  I can't believe such ignorance is allowed to exist in 2012. 
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins