News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What do you guys think of this? (Atheist converts after Hell NDE)

Started by jimmorrisonbabe, June 05, 2012, 01:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

You know what else bothers me, btw?  The atheist converts to Christianity, and starts thinking that he is "trash" and that he is going to hell with all of the other "trash people." (his words)  I do not understand how Christians believe that a god creates people, and yet believe that the people god creates can be "trash."  As an atheist, I don't even believe that people should be called or compared to or thrown away like "trash" and I don't believe in a sacred divine being that created them.  For people that sure can go on about god's divine purpose and the sanctity of life, they sure do attach a low value to humans if those humans aren't acting or believing a certain way.

Asmodean

If all it takes for someone to convert to a set system of belief is a deeply subjetive experience while in distress, then The Asmo and that someone would likely not get along.

Validate the meaning of the experience, or it had none beyond its own time frame.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

ibm

QuoteHoward had the misfortune of a falling ill on a Saturday in a country with socialized medicine, and no doctor could be found. "French doctors do seven surgeries a week, and after they do the seven surgeries, they take the weekend off," he discovered.

Let's see, the Louvre is open on Sundays and so is d'Orsay, but there's no doctor in Paris, hmmm. I'm surprised he didn't say that French doctors do six surgeries within six days and rest on the seventh. I don't think the French health system works as written.

Quote"I was a double atheist," says Howard Storm, who became a tenured art professor at Northern Kentucky University by age 27. "I was a know-it-all college professor, and universities are some of the most closed-minded places there are," he notes.

From Artist professor to Con Artist professor in such a short time, amazing. If only he had smoked a joint and visit Edouard Manet's "Breakfast on the Grass" at the d'Orsay Museum in Paris, maybe he would have seen how art makes a joke out of Christianity. I would not have lasted five minutes in his class with his "know-it-all" attitude.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Genericguy on June 05, 2012, 04:05:01 PM
Here is a random google search for muslim near death experiance...

http://theislamawareness.blogspot.com/2009/04/near-death-experiences-and-islam.html

And one for Hinduism near death experiance...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6726

If we believe all the nde stories, then you have nothing to worry about. It seems that what ever religion you choose is the correct religion.

Thanks for links.
Yeah, NDE is bullshit to the max power. It is so  a cultural/how you were raised/environmental thing.

That's why i get extra annoyed when people are giving me jesus flyers. That's nice that you like jesus, but i don't give a fuck.
that's like me giving out my gf's bio to everyone. "do you love Mimi too?"
ok, shut the fuck up. No one has to believe what you do.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

mp29

I've also read buddhist accounts where Yamaduts are coming to take them away to Naraka. Hmm. How many different afterworlds are there? ???

Sweetdeath

Quote from: mp29 on June 22, 2012, 05:47:06 AM
I've also read buddhist accounts where Yamaduts are coming to take them away to Naraka. Hmm. How many different afterworlds are there? ???

There are as many heavens and hells as there are religious folk who will believe THEIR delusion is the right one; and we should all follow them on a giant glowing chariot to the castle in the clouds. e___e;;;

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 21, 2012, 06:55:56 AM
That's why i get extra annoyed when people are giving me jesus flyers. That's nice that you like jesus, but i don't give a fuck.
that's like me giving out my gf's bio to everyone. "do you love Mimi too?"ok, shut the fuck up. No one has to believe what you do.

This is an excellent response to people who want to talk to you about religion.  We should all pick something that we're really into and think is superneat, and print up flyers.

Next time someone knocks on my door and wants to share the good news, I want to be able to hand them a Game of Thrones flyer (prominently featuring my man, PD) and be all "Okay, that's cool, you can tell me why you love Jesus for a while, but then I want to tell you why I love Game of Thrones and compare and contrast the books and the show.  But don't worry, I've only read the first two books so far.  But I have lotsa theories!  Cool?"

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on June 22, 2012, 06:05:09 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 21, 2012, 06:55:56 AM
that's like me giving out my gf's bio to everyone. "do you love Mimi too?"ok, shut the fuck up. No one has to believe what you do.

This is an excellent response to people who want to talk to you about religion.  We should all pick something that we're really into and think is superneat, and print up flyers.

Next time someone knocks on my door and wants to share the good news, I want to be able to hand them a Game of Thrones flyer (prominently featuring my man, PD) and be all "Okay, that's cool, you can tell me why you love Jesus for a while, but then I want to tell you why I love Game of Thrones and compare and contrast the books and the show.  But don't worry, I've only read the first two books so far.  But I have lotsa theories!  Cool?"

I'm liking this idea, Ali. <3

It seriously feels like:

Religious person: "This is my fandom."

Me: "but dude... I don't have to like it too."

Like morons fighting over which baseball player is the best. In the end, no one REALLY gives a fuck but you. So stop spitting your crumbs at me and go away.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 23, 2012, 06:06:02 AM
Like morons fighting over which baseball player is the best. In the end, no one REALLY gives a fuck but you. So stop spitting your crumbs at me and go away.

Yeah :D

At most it keeps those people busy with something.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey