News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasures

Started by Sandra Craft, September 07, 2011, 08:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Adventure Time I know its a kids show but its just way too good.
Retired member.

not your typical...

Quote from: Crow on December 06, 2011, 03:36:02 AM
I've seen a few episodes. Not bad.Mine would probably be Criminal Minds. Loving the show isn't what makes it a guilty pleasure though. But when you sit for days on end watching it, memorizing lines like it's your new religion, I think it can be a problem. Speaking of which, It's on right now.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Fi

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 03:49:25 AM
I've seen a few episodes. Not bad.Mine would probably be Criminal Minds. Loving the show isn't what makes it a guilty pleasure though. But when you sit for days on end watching it, memorizing lines like it's your new religion, I think it can be a problem. Speaking of which, It's on right now.

Criminal Minds, ahhhhhh

I pretty much watched that show just for Reid. He's amazing.

not your typical...

Quote from: Fi on December 06, 2011, 04:43:24 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 03:49:25 AM

Criminal Minds, ahhhhhh

I pretty much watched that show just for Reid. He's amazing.
Reid, Morgan, Hotch.... *shudders* Mmmm. Hotch. ;) But I love the cast now with Garcia, Rossi, Prentiss, and JJ. <3 Them all. Reid and Garcia are by far my favorites, since I can relate to them the most, but if I had an hour alone with Hotch.... Especially in the Season 7 opener when he was all scruffy... It looked good on him.

*fangirl moment*
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Sandra Craft

Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 05:01:00 AM

*fangirl moment*

I've never watched Criminal Minds.  Obviously, I'm missing something.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

not your typical...

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 06, 2011, 07:08:22 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 06, 2011, 05:01:00 AM

*fangirl moment*

I've never watched Criminal Minds.  Obviously, I'm missing something.
Oh you most definitely are. It's amazingness. It's the reason I now hate Saturdays. (The only day it's not on tv.)

Sandra Craft

Well, I have to confirm the TV show Grimm as a new guilty pleasure.  The people behind it were also part of BtVS, and the humor is similar.  The premise is completely silly: the monsters written about in the Grimms Bros. fairy tales are real and there are hereditary monster hunters, called Grimms, who protect humans from them.  Like I said, silly, but also fun.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

I started watching Supernatural because me brother recommended it, it has a bunch of religious themed things, but it's not too religious. Even still, I like it, though many things are cheesy to me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crocoduck

I've ashamed to say I've been watching Gold Rush Alaska.

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

Never even heard of that one.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

Quote from: Tank on December 12, 2011, 09:24:54 PM
Never even heard of that one.

It's a stupid reality show where a few groups of incompetent mines ruin the landscape and don't finding any gold.

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

So they never find any gold at all?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

I think they calmed to find 8oz (226.7gr) in the first season. They also clamed to spend well over $275,000. in equipment, fuel and other costs for what amounted to just a few thousand dollars of gold.
If they start finding gold I may lose interest. It's the darker side of my nature that makes me watch. I enjoy watching them fail. ::)
Dobermonster
Some dude in a Tank

xm1

Ancient Aliens

best docucomedy ever

Aside from both true blood and vampire diaries, i normally stick to cartoon network or anime.  i have lost a few lifetimes watching dragonballz. im happy to watch adventure time or regular show, but also sit down for ed edd eddy or camp lazlo.  and also sailor moon, inuyasha, ghost in the shell, bleach, .hack, paranoia agent, trigun, fullmetal alchemist, fooly cooly, code geass, hamtaro, shin chan.

am i supposed to be guilty of something?

unholy1971

True Blood would certainly be one of my guilty pleasures, that and Michael Jacksons music.