News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The religion to end all religions...

Started by Sinisism, May 29, 2011, 01:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinisism

Hello everyone. You guys seem to have a nice, easy-going community here, and I think most of you will really enjoy hearing about an emerging movement to basically turn religious mockery into a religion itself.

It's called Sinisism and is founded on the principles of reason and making other religions look ridiculous by comparison. If you're familiar with the Flying Spaghetti Monster thing, this is kind of like that except much more self-serving, and it's open to any modifications that may improve it.

You can check it out at{link removed by admin} There is also a link to a new forum over there, so you can be among the first to post your thoughts and suggestions to help shape this new "religion."

Thank you, and enjoy.

xSilverPhinx

I love parodies, though I've never heard of this one in particular before.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ThinkAnarchy

No thanks but welcome, assuming this wasn't simply for promotion of this group, which I imagine it was.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Tank

Oh joy, another first post self promoter  ::)

I'll say hi if u bother to post a second time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Byronazriel

I am interested in converting to Sinisism, but only if I can still be a practising Loganist.
"You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch." -Jervis Tetch

leedan

Sounds good for someone who needs a gradual exit from there organized religious conviction. I am already happy with my simple existence.

Welcome.

Whitney

there is already such a religion...it's called Satanism.

Link removed due to our spam rules.

Jeepero Sahara

A religion to end religions... Sounds like the inquisition.
"Fascism is nothing but capitalist reaction." -Leon Trotsky

Will37

'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

bicycle

Honestly, a world religion would probably be worse...