News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: What's your favourite dish?

Started by Medusa, July 26, 2011, 03:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abletony

What is your favourite foreign dish and why?

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Tank

Anything that does not make me throw up or head for the loo.

I did give this question some thought and I don't think I have a favourite foreign dish because it is foreign. If I had to pick a style it would be Italian as I like a lot of flavour but I'm not keen of spicy hot food where one can only really taste the spices.

Went to an interesting restaurant in Cape Town once and they didn't have a menu as such. They brought in a selection of every main course in small dishes, so we tried each to see what we liked. It was rather disappointing in the end as most of the dishes were pretty obviously originated by people having to cope with poor quality ingredients and in doing so smothering them with spices as marinades and/or texture improvers.

So what is your favourite?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Spode bone china from the 1800's.

eh....wrong dish.

Roast beef, home made gravy, and mash w/ scallions

Full Scottish Breakfast

and just about anything German.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Hidelight

Dim sum
Korean spicy seafood stew
Ciopino only foreign if you do not live in Cali
Caribbean curry

There is no beginning or end to my favorite dishes

Persian sour cherry rice

Patties

Ceviche

Poke

Portuguese pork and clams

German bread

No wonder I could loose ten lbs?

Piroshly

All curry from all over the world

Pink potato salad from Panama

Anything grilled on a stick from any country

Cake

Medusa

Chorizo con papas. OMG this is why I got fat, I tell you what. Of course being Diabetic I've pretty much given up on eating potatoes. And don't even go asking what exactly is in chorizo. Never ask. Just eat it in ignorant bliss.  :)
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

MariaEvri

sweet n sour chicken. Just love it!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

OldGit

Mashed potato with diced chorizo and peas stirred in, covered with grated cheese and baked.
That's my favourite to cook, because it's so easy.  I have other co-favourites when someone else cooks.
As a Pastafarian, I am obliged to mention spaghetti with meatballs, too.

Medusa, I'm also an insulin-dependent diabetic, and I don't find that spuds raise my sugar particularly fast.  Rice is the one I have to watch.

Medusa

Quote from: OldGit on July 25, 2011, 03:41:50 PM
Mashed potato with diced chorizo and peas stirred in, covered with grated cheese and baked.
That's my favourite to cook, because it's so easy.  I have other co-favourites when someone else cooks.
As a Pastafarian, I am obliged to mention spaghetti with meatballs, too.

Medusa, I'm also an insulin-dependent diabetic, and I don't find that spuds raise my sugar particularly fast.  Rice is the one I have to watch.
Yeah I haven't eaten rice in a long time either. Or Pasta very often. Well I did just have Olive Garden last week with a friend after  a work meeting. It was needed!

hismikeness

Pizza of any type. In fact, most Italian food is up there.

Mexican food (meat, beans, rice, veggies, cheese, tortilla) in all its combinations.

But my absolute favorite is my mom's chicken cordon bleu. I always requested it for my birthday dinner.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Will

Brats from Bavaria are wonderful. Cheesy pasta in tomato sauce from Italy can be sublime. French pastries are unbelievable. Japanese vegetable soups and stews are fantastic. Spicy Mexican cuisine is amazing. I'm running out of adjectives.

I'm not sure I can pick a favorite, to be honest.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Rizuidad

Queso Flameado

Ingredients:

3 Habaneros(fresh)
2 Jalapenos(fresh)
5 Dark Mushrooms(fresh)
1 Tspn Oliveoil
1 qtr stick of Buttr(con sal)
8 oz Monterrey Jack Cheese(Pepper Jack may be substituted)

Chop the Habaneros, Jalapenos, and Mushrooms into fine pieces, then sautee them in a comal with the Olive Oil and butter for 2 minutes. Cut the Monterrey Jack Cheese into cubes and Put them into the Comal, then stir lightly for 3-4 minutes, or until melted completely. Turn off heat and place Quesos Flameados into Flour tortillas and serve as Quessadillas.

:Disclaimer: Queso Flameado may cause slight intestinal discomfort, heartburn, hot flashes, rectal bleeding, and orgasm. Consult your doctor.

Muy delicioso.  :D

Hidelight

Quote from: Rizuidad on July 25, 2011, 08:53:05 PM
Queso Flameado

Ingredients:

3 Habaneros(fresh)
2 Jalapenos(fresh)
5 Dark Mushrooms(fresh)
1 Tspn Oliveoil

Chop the Habaneros, Jalapenos, and Mushrooms into fine pieces, then sautee them in a comal with the Olive Oil and butter for 2 minutes. Cut the Monterrey Jack Cheese into cubes and Put them into the Comal, then stir lightly for 3-4 minutes, or until melted completely. Turn off heat and place Quesos Flameados into Flour tortillas and serve as Quessadillas.

:Disclaimer: Queso Flameado may cause slight intestinal discomfort, heartburn, hot flashes, rectal bleeding, and orgasm. Consult your doctor.

YUM this sounds really really good!!!

Medusa

Queso Flameado

Ingredients:

3 Habaneros(fresh)
2 Jalapenos(fresh)
5 Dark Mushrooms(fresh)
1 Tspn Oliveoil

*Brings my home made chips ... ;D

hismikeness

Queso Flameado

Ingredients:

3 Habaneros(fresh)
2 Jalapenos(fresh)
5 Dark Mushrooms(fresh)
1 Tspn Oliveoil

Could be aptly named an afterburner, eh?  :o
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite