News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Do you like spiritual people?

Started by Chandler M Bing, December 05, 2010, 01:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chandler M Bing

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Chandler M Bing"But didn't you say you prefer them to keep it to themselves?

There is a difference between keeping beliefs to one's self in a general manner and sometimes discussing them maturely.  I would not want to hang out with anyone who only knows how to talk about the world in terms of their beliefs...like people who always have to talk about how great god is just because some mundane like an extra coke can falling out of the machine when they made a purchase.

I also don't want to hear about their views if there is no attempt at a rational basis behind them..they can go share that fluff with someone else.

I undersand that. I see what you mean, and that's fair enough.

theclassicist

I happen to know a New-Ager who's a complete bitch.  Then again, she is my ex-wife.
a minister of religion recently asked me what I felt Richard Dawkins et al were trying to achieve...truth, I answered.  and less bloodshed.

theclassicist

Just a thought: this forum is way better than the one on Richard Dawkins website.  I was last on there a year or so ago and it was impossible for anyone who didnt agree with the baying masses to have a proper conversation.  Well done, you lot.
a minister of religion recently asked me what I felt Richard Dawkins et al were trying to achieve...truth, I answered.  and less bloodshed.