News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by SnowOwl, June 04, 2010, 04:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowOwl

Hello everyone! I'm a 21-year-old woman, currently living in Montana and studying journalism. I have two pets: Jordan, my six-year-old chinchilla, and Darwin, my three-month-old degu. He's Jordan's mutant little brother.  :D
Subsisting on words and chocolate since 1988.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Squid

Welcome to the board and as Pinhead says, "...we have such sights to show you..."

elliebean

Hi SnowOwl! Welcome to the forum.  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Davin

Hello, welcome to the forums.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: "SnowOwl"Hello everyone! I'm a 21-year-old woman, currently living in Montana and studying journalism. I have two pets: Jordan, my six-year-old chinchilla, and Darwin, my three-month-old degu. He's Jordan's mutant little brother.  :D

Welcome aboard.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

SnowOwl

Quote from: "Tank"I used to have a couple of Chinchillas and recently have been very attracted to the idea of getting a couple of degus, they appear really intelligent and curious.

I'd say they're about as smart as a chinchilla. They are crazy curious too! It's really cute watching him explore.
Degus aren't nearly as fast as chinchillas, so they're a bit easier to catch when they escape. If you liked chinchillas, I think you'll love having degus. I do recommend getting an all-metal cage before you bring them home. I figured he'd last a week or so in an old plastic cage I had around, but he nearly chewed his way out overnight! Little monster. :upset:
Subsisting on words and chocolate since 1988.

Tank

They're obviously quick as the photo is of it's bottom  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KDbeads

Hi!  Oh goody, another critter person  :yay:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Gawen

Quote from: "SnowOwl"The overly-idealistic reporter inside of me cringes every time I turn on the TV, so I canceled the cable. I think I'll hear more intelligent, civil discussions here. :D
What??!! You mean Fox and NBC aren't all that and a bag of chips??!!

I am beside myself with grief...*grinnin*

Welcome to the forums.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor