News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

No Big Bang?

Started by radicalaggrivation, July 31, 2010, 09:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Quote from: Prometheus on July 04, 2012, 10:04:02 AM
Much of what you say assumes theres an order to all of this, as if someone planned it(Kind of clashes with the websites name eh?). Who's to say this all isn't just some highly impropable fluke?
I assume infinity, autonomy, perpetual existence and equilibrium.
I have also assumed infinite three dimensional space. I find it difficult to conceptually think beyond three dimensions, less than three is absurd as you get the problem of infinite density.

So thinking in infinites, if "time" has existed forever then we will have already reached some sort of equilibrium.
I see only three dimensions, so all of existence is confined within our three dimensional space, but space never ends and universes are continually bursting, possibly from massive black holes. So there would be an infinite amount of universes, each occupying a segment of space so it would be possible for them to collide. Maybe they rotate around each other like some multiverse dance. Unlike a galaxy though, they cant have black hole that these universes orbit because that black hole would be too massive and would explode into a universe itself. Overtime exploded universes get swallowed up by black holes which eventually explode into universes. This provides the perpetual autonomy to it.

I know there are problems with this, the problem of how a black hole can explode when not even light can escape, but the big bang theory has an inflationary period where energy is traveling faster than the speed of light, maybe this is possible when the energy inside a black hole becomes strong enough to break particles right down. If space doesn't exist beyond a universe then this would also be a problem, and also the concept of time is a problem. But hey...

Quote from: Prometheus on July 04, 2012, 10:04:02 AM
Or even that any of this really exists as we percieve it to? i've said for years that reality does not neccessary conform to our expectaions/ability to understand it.
Thus the problem when trying to explain anything beyond the scope of our universe. We can't take actual measurements or observations beyond our own universe. Thus we can only theorise. If the truth is something that we cant percieve then we will never know the truth. But it is fun to think about what can possibly be thought of, even if all our thoughts currently have problems. :-)

Seems like they may have discovered the Higgs Boson, some new cool theories will come soon.

Hector Valdez

The vacuum of space continuosly churns out ghost-particles, which upon collision, form elementary particles. These particles exert atractive force, while empty space exerts repulsive force. Particles ablee to overcome inverse pull clump together and form galaxies. Particles that can't clump with the particles they can, and the galaxies continuously seperate. Run the clock in reverse and you get an infinite amout of contraction with no end. In forward: infinite expansion without any need for a singularity without time, or inflation.

markmcdaniel

Do you have a source for this. I think that I might want a closer look at this.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

xSilverPhinx

How would you explain the microwave background then if there was no inflation? And the fact that it also predicts and fits where galaxies have clumped together due to concentrations in mass and gravity?

Inflation isn't all that weird, the singularity is.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

markmcdaniel

My head just exploded. I had thought that I was at least somewhat conversant with this area of physics. While I was not fond of dark energy and matter at least they did not blow my mental circuit breakers. When the for dummies version of this is published I will take another look at this.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

markmcdaniel

Ok  I think that I have found another post on the subject.

Hector Valdez

Quote from: markmcdaniel on July 14, 2012, 05:17:34 AM
Do you have a source for this. I think that I might want a closer look at this.

No. tis but a pet theory. Though I hope in time it will turn out to be correct.