News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

North America's Biggest Dinosaur Revealed

Started by Tank, December 10, 2011, 03:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

North America's Biggest Dinosaur Revealed

QuoteScienceDaily (Dec. 7, 2011) — New research from Montana State University's Museum of the Rockies and the State Museum of Pennsylvania has unveiled enormous bones from North America's biggest dinosaur.

In a paper published Dec. 6 in Acta Palaeontologica Polonica, MSU researcher Denver W. Fowler and coauthor Robert M. Sullivan from Harrisburg, Pa., describe two gigantic vertebrae and a femur that the team collected in New Mexico from 2003 to 2006. Carrying the vertebrae alone took most of a day and was a "killer" because the paleontologists carried them 1.2 miles through 100-degree heat, Fowler said...

That's one huge creature!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Okay, okay, we know the story - the Murrikins have got the biggest of everything.  Our dinosaurs are much more tasteful, though. ;D

Sweetdeath

Ruyango xD aw, China <3

Silly America, obsessed with its big things.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Sandra Craft

What in the world is that standing next to the human figure at the top?  The one that isn't a giant reptile.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 11, 2011, 03:50:43 AM
What in the world is that standing next to the human figure at the top?  The one that isn't a giant reptile.

It's the vertebrae they found drawn to scale!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

xSilverPhinx

Amazing to think that land dwelling animals can get so big.  :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey