News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

December 10 Lunar Eclipse

Started by Pharaoh Cat, December 08, 2011, 08:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharaoh Cat

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Siz

Saturday afternoon, we'll get a partial eclipse, OG.

This is my bad boy. I'm gonna spot me some aylyuns too.

EDIT: Note reflection of Asmo in the window. I've got 5000W bulb on him to test for the refraction coeffiecient of evil.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Oooh! I'll have to set my alarm so I can see that. Thank's for the heads up Pharaoh Cat!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Goddammit, the BBC just said that in the UK it will only be visible from the Shetland Islands.

Buddy

OldGit

Thanks BH, but another bulletin just said it would only be total up north.  If the clouds allow, we shall see a partial eclipse down here.  However, it's pretty cloudy now, with 3 hours to go.

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on December 10, 2011, 11:08:55 AM
Thanks BH, but another bulletin just said it would only be total up north.  If the clouds allow, we shall see a partial eclipse down here.  However, it's pretty cloudy now, with 3 hours to go.

*Edit* Nevermind, the clouds cleared. I can see it now  ;D

Asmodean

Supposed to be where I am at 15:06, methink. Will see if it will be visible. Is partly cloudy.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

Quote from: Budhorse4*Edit* Nevermind, the clouds cleared. I can see it now  ;D

No, dammit, I didn't.  The Pastafarians at Venganza were hoping it would give a chance to see what kind of cheese the moon is made out of.  Maybe some of the Murrikins will be able to find out.

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on December 10, 2011, 04:44:57 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4*Edit* Nevermind, the clouds cleared. I can see it now  ;D

No, dammit, I didn't.  The Pastafarians at Venganza were hoping it would give a chance to see what kind of cheese the moon is made out of.  Maybe some of the Murrikins will be able to find out.

Well, I didn't have a telescope so I just saw it with my eyes.

Sweetdeath

No wonder the moon is so beautiful tonight! Can't wait~
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 11, 2011, 03:37:48 AM
No wonder the moon is so beautiful tonight! Can't wait~
Keep up love! It was on the 10th. You've missed it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.