News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Nostalgia, I guess?

Started by rosesarepizza, December 09, 2011, 11:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosesarepizza

To start off, I'm an atheist, pansexual African American (by the truest definition: my parents are African) expatriate living in Istanbul.

Right, so, it feels weird to be on a forum again after so long. I used to be on about twenty when I was fifteen or something and, though I didn't realize it until now, loved it. I love sharing ideas with like-minded and otherwise-minded people alike. So I guess I'm excited to be on Happy Atheists. Hope I enjoy myself! :]

Buddy

Welcome to the forum! Being around like-minded people defiantly has its benefits.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Hi rosesarepizza

What lead you to Istabdul? And what is it like there, I've never been there.

Thanks for taking the time to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MadBomr101

Quote from: rosesarepizza on December 09, 2011, 11:01:37 PM
To start off, I'm an atheist, pansexual African American (by the truest definition: my parents are African) expatriate living in Istanbul.

Right, so, it feels weird to be on a forum again after so long. I used to be on about twenty when I was fifteen or something and, though I didn't realize it until now, loved it. I love sharing ideas with like-minded and otherwise-minded people alike. So I guess I'm excited to be on Happy Atheists. Hope I enjoy myself! :]

Me too.

I have great memories of my time on an old Xian board arguing the non-existence of god with the faithful, making new friends and generally having a good time.  It's been many years and I finally decided to try it again.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Crocoduck

Wow I'm not the newest one anymore. I can comfortably say welcome.

I like your username and someday I would love to visit Istanbul.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

xSilverPhinx

Istanbul! And I just finally finished playing Assassin's Creed Revelations ;D

Welcome!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Sounds like you've had an interesting life so far -- so explain about Istanbul.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

The Magic Pudding

Ah cool, until now I didn't have one such as you amongst my acquaintances.

'ello 

Buddy

I am genuinely curious. I had never heard of Istanbul before I read you're post. I would like to hear more about it. :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.