News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Anti-gravity explained!

Started by karadan, January 21, 2011, 03:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

If possible, can the physicists among us to tell me whether they think this vid is BS or not please? I'm not really qualified to give an answer seeing as my grasp of physics is less than rudimentary. If the clip is complete hogwash, it is quite impressive hogwash, in my opinion. I started to have my doubts when he touched on NASA being a PR front for 'another space race' but still, i'd love to think anti-gravity is a realistic milestone within our life times. :)

[youtube:txzdmtn6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xnh5Nd4DzM[/youtube:txzdmtn6]

What do you guys think? I'd really love it to be real, but somehow i feel, it is probably all a load of crap.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

joeactor

... you just have to take the internal override flip-flop device, and stick it into the negative oscillator...
(that's a lot of jargon in there!)

I'm not qualified to say, but given that the video is over 2 years old and I've never heard of it, I find it doubtful at best.

Interested to hear some SCIENCE!
JoeActor

McQ

Quote from: "joeactor"... you just have to take the internal override flip-flop device, and stick it into the negative oscillator...

I'm not qualified to say, but given that the video is over 2 years old and I've never heard of it, I find it doubtful at best.

JoeActor

Joe, don't you also have to cut the red wire? Or is it the green wire? Damn my memory! I can never keep those straight.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

joeactor

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "joeactor"... you just have to take the internal override flip-flop device, and stick it into the negative oscillator...

JoeActor

Joe, don't you also have to cut the red wire? Or is it the green wire? Damn my memory! I can never keep those straight.

... cutting the red wire in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Yeah, that seems to have wo

McQ

Quote from: "joeactor"
Quote from: "McQ"

JoeActor

... cutting the red wire in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Yeah, that seems to have wo
lol  lol
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Stevil

The crucial piece of equipment is the flux capacitor, but surely no scientist is mad enough to attempt that.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Stevil"but surely no scientist is mad enough to attempt that.
:D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

ablprop

The problem, of course, is that electric charge comes in positive and negative versions, and magnetism can be both attractive and repulsive. But gravity is always attractive. Also, while you can shield electric and magnetic effects (ever try to listen to an AM radio in a tunnel?), there is no known way of shielding gravitation.

Wikipedia says this:

"Fringe physics

Incomplete understanding of the meaning of the similarity of the gravitomagnetic formulas, above, and Maxwell's equations for (real) electricity and magnetism have given rise to fringe physics. Use of the gravitomagnetic analogy for a simplified form of the Einstein field equations, on the other hand, is firmly part of General Relativity. It is an approximation to the current standard theory of gravitation, and has testable predictions, which are in the final stages of being directly tested by the Gravity Probe B experiment. Despite the use of the word magnetism in gravitomagnetism, and despite the similarity of the GEM force laws to the (real) electromagnetic force law, gravitomagnetism should not be confused with any of the following:

Claims to have constructed anti-gravity devices;
Eugene Podkletnov's claims to have constructed gravity-shielding devices and gravitational reflection beams.
Any proposal to produce gravitation using electrical circuits. "

To take a longer view, this sort of thing points out what so many in the creation-evolution debate (even former presidents!) don't get. EVERY field of science has deniers, fringe elements, and charletans. Only some of them get noticed by politicians and pastors. Why not "teach the controversy" over Newton's Laws?

terranus

Bah...this is all hogwash.

Everyone knows that all you have to do in order to create anti-gravity is to fly around the world multiple times really fast like Superman did that one time. Then the Earth will stop spinning and we will all be free to float wherever we want!

Err...wait...maybe that was time travel I was thinking of. Hmm. Oh well, close enough. :drool
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--