News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

This Time For Sure

Started by Recusant, January 06, 2010, 09:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Forget 2012.  We now know the date on which the world will end. (Or maybe not.)

Click here to find out.  If you dare. :|
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tanker

I recently read a list of about 300 predictions for the apocalypse. From a few hundred belivers to several million. Some caused riots and mass hysteria and many followers were left bankrupt, you can't take it with you after all. Makes me wonder why peple still give credence to these biblical predictions when the Bible (or it's interpreters)are so concistently wrong.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Kylyssa

Oh, puhleeease!  When will these folks stop having Armageddon fantasies?

jrosebud

holy crap!  (emphasis on "crap.")
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Kylyssa"Oh, puhleeease!  When will these folks stop having Armageddon fantasies?

Whenever they stop getting a woody over death ... you know when science and reason take precedence over superstition in everyones life.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

kenh

To be on the safe side, why not ask a Jehovah's Witness?  They've only gotten it wrong at least 9 or 10 times...

LoneMateria

Quote from: "kenh"To be on the safe side, why not ask a Jehovah's Witness?  They've only gotten it wrong at least 9 or 10 times...

lol your comment reminds me of a comic I saw on reddit the other day.  The kid was pointing out many of the instances where God was attributed to an event that wasn't explainable at the time (lightning, earthquakes, solar eclipses, plague, death, diseases, epilepsy, the existence of the earth, the existence of species on the planet, etc.) and the kid said that Christians (cause it was about Christians in general) were wrong about all these things and it would take an idiot not to see a pattern there.  And then the kid asked why would anyone listen to them still with that type of record?  That applies to this as well.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Renegnicat

I don't think the world will end, but I try to remind myself that I have the same foolishness of theirs in me, too.

Someone once said that I was(jokingly) the smartest one of all on here.  :verysad:  :typehappy: <-- I love this smiley.
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]