News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

hello free thinkers

Started by Nutrition, December 30, 2008, 05:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutrition

I'm a recent exile from Christianity (pentecostal fundamentalism /shudder) and I thought I'd look into the atheist community.

So hello :D

rlrose328

Welcome, Nutrition... you've found a good place to be.  :-)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

Wechtlein Uns

What's pentecostal fundamentalism? major beliefs/tenets?

Well, for what it's worth, you're welcome here. Stretch your legs out and have fun. ;)
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Nutrition

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"What's pentecostal fundamentalism? major beliefs/tenets?

Well, for what it's worth, you're welcome here. Stretch your legs out and have fun. ;)
They generally lump themselves in with the "Take-everything-to-be-literal" in the bible, I know quite a few pentecostals who literally think there will be 4 horsemen riding down the street when the apocalypse comes

Nutrition

Quote from: "Nutrition"
Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"What's pentecostal fundamentalism? major beliefs/tenets?

They generally lump themselves in with the "Take-everything-to-be-literal" in the bible, I know quite a few pentecostals who literally think there will be 4 horsemen riding down the street when the apocalypse comes
also, if you've ever seen the documentary "'jesus camp", those people are pentecostals

they're that scary
trust me

SallyMutant

There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

Whitney

Quote from: "Nutrition"also, if you've ever seen the documentary "'jesus camp", those people are pentecostals

they're that scary
trust me

That movie tops my top scary movies list.   :borg: .  ;)