News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

HAF Passwords

Started by Recusant, October 10, 2015, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

In one of the first posts after the return of HAF (praise Asmo), Asmodean Prime recommended that members change their passwords. At that time, the password strength requirement option had defaulted to "Low." So, if you changed your password at that time, you may have not made it very strong, and the site would have accepted it. For site security, it would be best for us to reset the strength requirement back to what it was before HAF went down: At least eight characters, at least one of which must be a capital letter, and at least one of which must be a non-alphabetic character; either a number or something else like punctuation or whatever you prefer.

The password strength setting will be returned to "High" in a few days, so if you think your password doesn't meet the above requirements, please change it soon. If you have any problems, PM an admin (probably either myself or Tank, since Asmodean is still working on more technical things), or if you find yourself locked out, go to the HAF Facebook  page and yell for help, or use the HAF contact link, which can be found at the upper right corner of the HAF home page.

If you didn't reset your password, it should still be strong enough when the requirements are changed back.  ???

Thanks!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

Hopefully mine was strong enough because I can't reach more than the profile summary from my phone. Tapping "profile" brings up a drop-down box but the summary page loads before I can select the account settings option. Is there a link to the settings page?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

The page would be different for each person. I will give at least 24 hours notice before resetting the password strength requirement. If you changed your password per Asmodean Prime's recommendation (and don't know whether it meets the requirements in my post above), and don't have access to anything but your phone, send a PM to Tank or myself, and we'll help you change it. As I said, if you didn't change your password, your old one will meet the strength requirement.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken