News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

hey, I'm new here

Started by applesauce, April 01, 2012, 02:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

applesauce

Hey, I'm new here! I'm atheist/agnostic but mostly atheist, and I'm very happy about it  ;) :D ;D

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: applesauce on April 01, 2012, 02:34:08 AMI'm very happy about it  ;) :D ;D

So it seems.

Applesauce is a funny word to say.

Hello

Firebird

So are we. Glad to have you!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Sweetdeath

I'd be happy too!!
Welcome to HAF!! :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Hi, Applesauce! (Man, I loooove just a BIT of cinnamon in my applesauce...)

Welcome to HAF!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Hi applesauce

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

applesauce

Haha, I don't know why I chose that username out of all the ones I could've possibly chosen. I don't even like applesauce...I don't know when the last time it was I even had some.

Jimmy

Welcome Happy Heathen!!!! Nice to meet you!!! :)

I love pork chopsh and appleshaush :)
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: applesauce on April 01, 2012, 01:36:06 PM
Haha, I don't know why I chose that username out of all the ones I could've possibly chosen.

Isn't it obvious, you didn't choose your username, your username chose you.
If you coerce your conciousness into coalescing with the cosmos complete clarity is channelled.
Apple, so much meaning there.  Starts with A and is more than a metaphor for the beginning of our knowing.
Sauce, source, it's so obvious.
You need to step away and look back with your peripheral vision to see where you were.
Anyway I have to get back to watching Men Who Stare at Goats.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 01, 2012, 02:46:57 PM
Quote from: applesauce on April 01, 2012, 01:36:06 PM
Haha, I don't know why I chose that username out of all the ones I could've possibly chosen.

Isn't it obvious, you didn't choose your username, your username chose you.
If you coerce your conciousness into coalescing with the cosmos complete clarity is channelled.
Apple, so much meaning there.  Starts with A and is more than a metaphor for the beginning of our knowing.
Sauce, source, it's so obvious.
You need to step away and look back with your peripheral vision to see where you were.
Anyway I have to get back to watching Men Who Stare at Goats.

:D Speaking of sauce, it's time to get off it, Puddin'!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 01, 2012, 02:41:23 AM
Applesauce is a funny word to say.

Try saying it five times very fast.

And welcome to the thing, Appledude!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on April 01, 2012, 03:12:48 PM

:D Speaking of sauce, it's time to get off it, Puddin'!

Nya, stop parroting your prophet.

The dedication of ones self to finding the source of wisdom through the imbibing of sauce is promoted by people who could actually write.

"There's nothing Nietzsche couldn't teach ya
'bout the raisin' of the wrist.
Socrates himself was permanently pissed."

Anne D.

applesauce

Pudding: Are you a Harry Potter fan, by any chance? The wand chooses the wizard! But why are you alliterating??

Jimmy: I love that episode of The Brady Bunch, ha!

Guardian: I'm actually a girl, not a dude :)

Anne D.

Were you a believer at one point, or have you always been an agnostic/atheist? Feel free not to answer if you prefer not to go into it.