News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

hey, I'm new here

Started by applesauce, April 01, 2012, 02:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 09, 2012, 03:33:20 PM
Hi there! Good to see another noob.  ;D

And where else but on the Internet does a 16yo girl get to call a 72yo man a n00b!! That is equality of the first order  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 05:17:07 PM

And where else but on the Internet does a 16yo girl get to call a 72yo man a n00b!! That is equality of the first order  ;D

You know that I mean noob in the most loving and endearing way. Welcome to the forum, Applesauce.  :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 09, 2012, 05:21:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 05:17:07 PM

You know that I mean noob in the most loving and endearing way. Welcome to the forum, Applesauce.  :)

*whispers in ear. chic is 72 not applesauce*
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 05:29:45 PM

Oh shoot. Sorry Chic and Applesauce! The noob thing still stands as not an insult. This is not my week, is it?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 09, 2012, 05:32:51 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2012, 05:29:45 PM

Oh shoot. Sorry Chic and Applesauce! The noob thing still stands and not an insult. This is not my week, is it?

socheri

For many years I said I was an agnostic rather than admit that I was an atheist and have to face looks of scorn.  Saying I was an agnostic invited enthusiastic, albeit futile, attempts to convince me that there was a god or "higher being."  It was so tiresome to have to listen to the irrational attempts to persuade me, that I found that it was preferable to be sneered at to have to listen to the same old fantasies.