News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hello All!!!

Started by Jimmy, March 22, 2012, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy

My name is Jimmy and I'm an agnostic humanist and a naturalist :) I'm 30 years old and have been irreligious for almost half my life.  I don't like to be preachy about my lack of religion in my life, I'm a lover of life and a go with the flow kind of guy and I don't care what you believe or don't believe in, as long as your're a good person:) I love people from all walks of life!! Maybe that's why I love drawing portraits so much!!! I signed up to this site because I would define myself as rather happy, agreeable, outgoing, and not religious, and it seemed like a sensible thing to do.  I don't have all the answers in life and don't expect to, but I'm not going to let that get me down. Live and let live!!! :) I also enjoy spending time with my friends and family(especially my two little daughters-my greatest little bundles of joy), spending time in nature(walking, jogging, hiking, camping,etc), reading about science, and experiencing new things.

Enough about me. What do you like to do?
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Buddy

Oooh. Do I spy another arteest? Welcome to the forum, Jimmy!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Too Few Lions

Welcome to the forum Jimmy. Nice intro, you sound like you've got it pretty sorted, I'll think you'll enjoy it here and find plenty of likeminded folks

Siz

Helloooo!

Judging by the lack of grammatical and spelling errors in your into (I'll let 'your're' go - it covers every base!), I'd say *your're* not American. Am I right?

If you are, welcome to the forum anyway ;D

[Awaiting Yank-based indignance]

It's a bit like Hotel California in here - You can check-out any time you like but you can never leave.

Have fun...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Jimmy

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 22, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

Lol...what gave me away? :) I take it you are into art as well? What kind do you like Budhorse4?
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Jimmy

Quote from: Scissorlegs on March 22, 2012, 04:16:26 PM
Helloooo!

Judging by the lack of grammatical and spelling errors in your into (I'll let 'your're' go - it covers every base!), I'd say *your're* not American. Am I right?

It's a bit like Hotel California in here - You can check-out any time you like but you can never leave.

Have fun...

I, my friend, am a Yankee, minus the indignance ;D Although I hope to improve upon my grammar, there are absolutely NO Guarantees. Thanks for the welcome Scissorlegs!! :)

Buddy

Quote from: Jimmy on March 22, 2012, 04:32:20 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 22, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

Lol...what gave me away? :) I take it you are into art as well? What kind do you like Budhorse4?
Yea, I dabble in it for fun. I love drawing animals and people in realism but lately I've been experimenting with my more cartoony style.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Fresh blood. Good.

Welcome to the forum. I think you will like it here.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Hello Jimmy

Thanks for making the effort to sign up and join in.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts.
Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum.
It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
Favorite Song, with video
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
"Rules for Conducting a Discussion" by Dr. Mortimer J. Adler*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

ThinkAnarchy

Helloooo!

Have fun...

What was wrong with his use of "you're." It seemed like the correct usage to me. "So long as "you are" a good person... Seems to work.  I'm confused.

Welcome to HAF by the way.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Asmodean

Colors. They disturb The Asmo's grayness.  >:(

Eh, screw it...

Welcome!  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Siz

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on March 22, 2012, 07:39:32 PM
Helloooo!

Have fun...

What was wrong with his use of "you're." It seemed like the correct usage to me. "So long as "you are" a good person... Seems to work.  I'm confused.

It was a slight misspelling - "your're".

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Scissorlegs on March 22, 2012, 08:35:44 PM
Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on March 22, 2012, 07:39:32 PM
Helloooo!

Have fun...

It was a slight misspelling - "your're".

Ahh... thank you, I feel like an idiot. This is why I always have things misspelled. I spelled it correctly in my quote and still didn't catch the difference between the two.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Anne D.

Welcome, Jimmy  :)

And Scissorlegs, I am definitely indignant, albeit unjustifiably.

Siz

Quote from: Jimmy on March 22, 2012, 04:36:20 PM
Helloooo!

Have fun...

I, my friend, am a Yankee, minus the indignance ;D Although I hope to improve upon my grammar, there are absolutely NO Guarantees. Thanks for the welcome Scissorlegs!! :)

So much for my theory! I'll have to find some other sweeping generalisation with which to insult you all ;D
You may give me your best derogatory sweeping generalisation about the Brits in recompense...