News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

HAF Virtual Meetup

Started by Whitney, February 18, 2012, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

The dead fox was right before I left, so it was a while after you left.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on February 22, 2012, 10:23:50 PM
I just looked at Skype and it looks like group video requires a fee.  Which is not to say that we need a video, just thought it would be nice to see your smiling faces.

Aw really? Anyone in the U.S, i can skype one on one for free >D!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 07, 2012, 10:58:21 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 22, 2012, 10:23:50 PM
I just looked at Skype and it looks like group video requires a fee.  Which is not to say that we need a video, just thought it would be nice to see your smiling faces.

Aw really? Anyone in the U.S, i can skype one on one for free >D!
You can Skype anyone on Earth 1to1 for free. Why limit yourself to the USA?  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

...Unless you skype-call their phone, in which case you pay some tiny amount of coin per minute
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on June 08, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
...Unless you skype-call their phone, in which case you pay some tiny amount of coin per minute

.....Unless they have Skype on their phone, in which case you're back to free one on one.... :D

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on June 08, 2012, 02:59:16 PM

.....Unless they have Skype on their phone, in which case you're back to free one on one.... :D
...In which case that phone acts like a computer with 3G/Wi-Fi/whatever Internet access and Skype installed, meaning you are back to free one-on-one if you use Skype user-to-user calls, but you still have to pay for Skype-to-phone.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on June 08, 2012, 08:27:48 PM
Quote from: Ali on June 08, 2012, 02:59:16 PM

...In which case that phone acts like a computer with 3G/Wi-Fi/whatever Internet access and Skype installed, meaning you are back to free one-on-one if you use Skype user-to-user calls, but you still have to pay for Skype-to-phone.

.......In which case,  :P

Ali

Are we all still on for this Sunday? Same bat time, same bat place?  I think that I am able to connect to everyone who was on last time because I saved the group, but if you weren't on the last meetup, send me your Skype ID.  Unless DJ wants to host again? (I don't want to step on toes, I just thought it makes sense for us each to take turns doing the free 7 day trial of Premium and I assume you already used yours.)

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on June 12, 2012, 03:52:25 PM
Are we all still on for this Sunday? Same bat time, same bat place?  I think that I am able to connect to everyone who was on last time because I saved the group, but if you weren't on the last meetup, send me your Skype ID.  Unless DJ wants to host again? (I don't want to step on toes, I just thought it makes sense for us each to take turns doing the free 7 day trial of Premium and I assume you already used yours.)

Sounds good! Go fer it :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Siz

I'm sorry to report the absence of the legs-o-steel from this one.

I know, I know... you'll just have to tough it out without me.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ali

We're going to sit around and talk about how gross licorice is.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 12, 2012, 07:01:03 PM
We're going to sit around and talk about how gross licorice is.

Red or black? I like some red licorice, but I hate black, especially salmiakki.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Red licorice is fine.  Because it's not really licorice; it's not flavored with the licorice plant.  Real licorice (aka the black death) is what we're discussing here, I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquorice_(confectionery)

Tom62

Like most Dutchmen, I'm addicted to licorice. Whenever I get back to my home country, I buy kilo's of that stuff.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 12, 2012, 08:10:14 PM
Red licorice is fine.  Because it's not really licorice; it's not flavored with the licorice plant.  Real licorice (aka the black death) is what we're discussing here, I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquorice_(confectionery)

At least it isn't flavored with salt. Crazy Finns...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice