News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Want a $50 VISA Gift Card? Doctoral Dissertation Research Study: Atheists Needed

Started by happyhappa, January 25, 2012, 07:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

In the survey...under education....there is a gap between 4 year BS degree and Graduate Degree.  Some of us have 5 year BS degrees in professional programs :)  I've noticed that gap is common but it makes it look like the person had less education (or more if they chose to go up instead of down in their selection).

happyhappa

That's right- I totally didn't think of that.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention- I'll make a note of it!

Stevil

Quote from: happyhappa on January 25, 2012, 07:30:49 PM
You could even win a $50 VISA Gift Card in the process!

I am seeking Athiests and Christians who are 18 or older, living in the USA
Dang it!

$50 US was sounding pretty sweet.

Whitney

Quote from: happyhappa on January 27, 2012, 03:54:37 AM
That's right- I totally didn't think of that.

There are very few surveys that cover 5 year degrees.  I only notice because it forces me to pick a lower education slot as I think going up is not as accurate since I could also go for a masters in architecture if I wanted to teach or something.  I'm not even sure how many 5 year programs are out there... "professional degree" seems to be how I've seen it categorized in the past.  Thanks for noting it.

happyhappa

I think it is so funny that you bring this up because my fiancé is an Architect... so I really should have thought about those 5 year degrees!
By the way, as a side note altogether- Architects don't get paid NEARLY enough for all of the schooling that they have to do- and the crazy amount of licensing exams!
You are totally right- more surveys should include the 5 year degree option!

Firebird

Just finished it. I didn't care about the gift card, so I did not submit my info for it. Good luck
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

ThinkAnarchy

I'm in the middle of taking it, and I found a question I have a problem with.

"I do not admit my wrongdoings to God as often as I should." The way it is worded bothers me and I feel there should be an N/A option for this question.

By answering never, it seems to imply I ask god for forgiveness "as often as I should."
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Whitney

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on January 30, 2012, 01:52:40 AM
I'm in the middle of taking it, and I found a question I have a problem with.

"I do not admit my wrongdoings to God as often as I should." The way it is worded bothers me and I feel there should be an N/A option for this question.

By answering never, it seems to imply I ask god for forgiveness "as often as I should."

ya, that was an odd one to answer.  I forgot how I interpreted it when providing my answers.  It probably should be thrown out for anyone that says they are an atheist.  But I kinda remember some wording that stated god is also intended to mean "authority" or whatever and so you'd answer that way...in which case it could be answered by an atheist.

happyhappa

Whitney is 100% right, but I am sorry that it was a confusing statement.
The use of "God" does refer to any authority figure.
:)

Thank you guys for your support and participating in this study!
I am so overwhelmed and thankful for each of you!