News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Student-organised talk on Sharia law at the University of London cancelled

Started by Tank, January 19, 2012, 03:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pytheas

Quote from: Tank on January 23, 2012, 08:18:05 AM
I always thought sheep were quite peaceful? And in my experience on a day-to-day basis Muslims are just people trying to get along.

not if bitten by a wasp or a horse-fly
not if Ram boils over in a sex-hormone surge elicited by pherormones

your day to day experience describes people as they are everywhere. I just object, your honour, to the additional, self-imposed, discrimination of whatever bullshit you need to imagine to jerk-off happily along. As i object to masturbators spanking at my face while i go to work in the morning (with pigeons what can you do?....) thus i am vexed by public preaching , door to door or otherwise, and the sound of the imam trying to beat with loudphones and amplifiers the sound of bells.
In egypt, back in 1994, I was struck by the importance Allah had in the lives of some locals. It was adamantly connected to the destitude, poverty and dead-end existence they saw as inevitable.they grew vegetables and had pet goats and hens in appartment blocks to supplement their ridiculous wages. Allah makes you less hungry. 
however some other locals, hiding in paravans in seedy bars, sipped their arak with their waterpipe in the mornings of the ramadan, and there was some hustling in the corner 11:00 am
they were dressed like the man from panama... which costed more than the qelebia.

Lets face it ,  a good priest brings the "bacon" home, and god is the cash
since the romans we suck up to Mammon, you and me and everyone, shamelessly

they(religious feverish folk) make-do with lesser priests that mesmerize them in forgetting the "bacon" they don't get.
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on January 23, 2012, 08:27:40 AM
Quote from: Tank on January 23, 2012, 08:18:05 AM
I always thought sheep were quite peaceful? And in my experience on a day-to-day basis Muslims are just people trying to get along.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/

LOL!

Made in NZ but might as well be here in southern Brazil.

Sheep throwing a tantrum. :D

;D But this thread is getting derailed, so to keep it on track....

:-X
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey