News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Egyptian Christian faces trial for insulting Islam

Started by Tank, January 10, 2012, 11:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

When I was a kid, I always wanted to go to Egypt because I loved Anubis and egyptian mythology.

Being an adult and seeing what Egypt really is, is so  disappointing.. T_T!! I never want to go to that part of the world. Ever.

I cant believe anyone would become violent over mocking a fictional prohfet/God/whatever. Ugh, religion is soooo peaceful.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 13, 2012, 08:37:10 PM
When I was a kid, I always wanted to go to Egypt because I loved Anubis and egyptian mythology.

Being an adult and seeing what Egypt really is, is so  disappointing.. T_T!! I never want to go to that part of the world. Ever.
ditto Iran, Iraq and Syria. They contain some of the most amazing archaeology and ancient ruins in the world, but I worry it'll ever be safe enough for me to go there in my lifetime  :(

I went to Egypt over 20 years ago, and the ancient Egyptian sites are amazing, well worth the visit if you ever get the chance SD, and if Egypt has become a safer place to visit.

Sweetdeath

Oh, wow. I'm envious you got to go before the really insane crisis. Maybe i'll go ib my lifetime, but I must visit the awesome places first.

Like New Zealaaand! I promise I won't dress up as Frodo (not.)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Total de-rail, but I'd also love to go to New Zealand.

One of the guys I work with has a New Zealand accent and it's dreeammmy.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 14, 2012, 06:33:20 PM
Total de-rail, but I'd also love to go to New Zealand.

One of the guys I work with has a New Zealand accent and it's dreeammmy.

I haven't heard that accent before *__*

I love Benedict Cumberbatch's accent. Rawr... And Colin Morgan ... And Bradley James.
No, i'm not biased to BBC at all. XD

Stevil

The Magic Pudding

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

MariaEvri

QuoteI never want to go to that part of the world. Ever.
I went to Egypt two years ago, and before I went there I kept being afraid from what they would do If I said or did anything they didn't approve of. But fortunately, except from the fact that they drool all over you for being a female, I didn't actually feel threatened. Maybe they treat tourists differently...
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Sweetdeath

Quote from: MariaEvri on January 15, 2012, 05:24:41 PM
QuoteI never want to go to that part of the world. Ever.
I went to Egypt two years ago, and before I went there I kept being afraid from what they would do If I said or did anything they didn't approve of. But fortunately, except from the fact that they drool all over you for being a female, I didn't actually feel threatened. Maybe they treat tourists differently...

What part did you go to? o_o
(i would like to hear more. :) )

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 14, 2012, 07:00:28 PM

We will get the east coast back I tell ye! One BBC viewer at a time.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on January 16, 2012, 11:43:36 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 14, 2012, 07:00:28 PM

We will get the east coast back I tell ye! One BBC viewer at a time.

I love BBC! :D

Btw, noticed your awesome Siddháthra quote. <3

The Magic Pudding

I like public broadcasters, the Massey lectures from Canada was good this year.