News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Science Art

Started by Pharaoh Cat, December 29, 2011, 07:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharaoh Cat

Post cool science pix here.  With attribution whenever possible.

-------
Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111227093055.htm

Rhino-like animals. This painting by artist Carl Buell depicts a scene from the late Eocene of North America. The rhino-like animals in the background are brontotheres. The pony-sized Hyracodon, a closer relative of living rhinos, in the foreground. (Credit: Carl Buell)

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

McQ

Nice. For a couple of years when I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to become an illustrator of dinosaurs.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Crow

Not really art but it looks amazing and I would have it on my wall.

Unveiling the Brain's Architecture

QuoteUsing a new technology called diffusion spectrum imaging, scientists are able to see for the first time—and in stunning detail—how neural fibers crisscross the brain and connect its regions. The imaging technique, developed at Massachusetts General Hospital, greatly increases the power of conventional scanners and uses mega-magnets to map the way water molecules move in the brain's gray matter, delineating in real time which neurons are activated and in which direction they are sending impulses.

Retired member.

Crow

An installation I like inspired by Issac Newtons study of colour theory by Wonwei and Super Nature Design.

PRISMA 1666
Retired member.

Crocoduck

I don't know if these count as art but they really are cool science pictures.

This is a picture taken during the construction of the Atlas detector at the Large Hadron Collider.

http://www.ep.ph.bham.ac.uk/DiscoveringParticles/lhc/experiments/

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Pharaoh Cat

Carnatosaurus - My favorite dinosaur:

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Crocoduck

That doesn't look very fun to pet.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Buddy

Quote from: Crocoduck on January 05, 2012, 09:48:03 AM
That doesn't look very fun to pet.

I like the little chicken sized ones. I would have one and he and Herman could be best friends
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

My favorite Cosmos: Cygnus

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.