News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

The Secret Life of the Love Song: a presentation by Nick Cave

Started by The Magic Pudding, December 23, 2011, 04:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

QuoteThis is a unique 45-minute talk by Nick Cave on his personal artistic muse, and on the genre of the love song as a whole. It features Nick waxing philosophical on the love song: its meaning, purpose, and relevance, its role in his career—laced with commentary on his works and autobiographical anecdotes that any Cave fan will love. Originally conceived for the Vienna Poetry Academy in 1998 it was later performed to great success and a capacity audience at the Royal Festival Hall, London. This is a special studio recording and includes five new and unique recordings of his songs 'West Country Girl', 'People Ain't no Good', 'Sad Waters', 'Love Letter', and 'Far From Me'.

PDF Transcript

I'm not sure what I think of Nick Cave, I haven't bought his records, I have a few videos.  Some of his stuff puts me off but these love songs are beautiful things, sadness and pain only makes them more so, I agree with him on that.

Any way he is an extreme, stylish, complex guy, worth spending forty five minutes with I think.