News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What is the next movie you plan on watching ?

Started by unholy1971, December 22, 2011, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unholy1971

DeterminedJuliet

Like, new release? Or just any movie?

New release: The Hobbit
Any movie: My husband needs to watch "Rent" for one of his courses, so we'll be watching that in the next couple of days.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Stevil

Sandra Craft

Either the new Sherlock Holmes or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Or anything with Liam Neeson in it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Immortals. I tried watching a bit online (cam recorder) but the quality is so terrible I decided to wait until it's in the cinemas.

Can't wait for Sherlock Holmes too.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Captain America and Cowboys and Aliens were OK.
I have Red Dog and Planet of the Apes waiting, it's Xmas so I'll have to watch the Hogfather again, it's traditional.

Pharaoh Cat

Trailer for the Dark Knight Rises:
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2823134745/

In a Godless universe we need heroes all the more. 

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Sandra Craft

My girlfriend wants to see either We Bought a Zoo or Young People on Xmas eve.  I may need to compromise at Mission Impossible.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hismikeness

That new Mission Impossible looks good, but goddammit if Tom Cruise hasn't fooled me in to thinking a movie would be good only to have it suck.

I think Tin Tin looks good, but I'm a sucker for 3D. plus, except for name recognition, I know nothing of the adventures of Tin Tin backstory-wise, so it should be an experience! No spoilers...

The next movie I'll watch is Contagion. I recently queued it after seeing it in theater and really liking it while being unsettled by it as well.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2011, 02:57:05 AM
Either the new Sherlock Holmes or The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. 

My wife and I are seeing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo tomorrow night (I just read the book - she's read the first two in the series - loved it), and then I plan on seeing Sherlock ASAP.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: hismikeness on December 23, 2011, 02:33:40 AM
That new Mission Impossible looks good, but goddammit if Tom Cruise hasn't fooled me in to thinking a movie would be good only to have it suck.

I watched it.  I fell asleep.  If you've seen one MI movie, you've seen this one. 

hismikeness

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 23, 2011, 04:38:36 PM

I watched it.  I fell asleep.  If you've seen one MI movie, you've seen this one. 

Yeah... there's definitely something to be enjoyed about a good ol' classic action movie, but I can only take the "pull off a mask" trick in this series so many times. I enjoyed the first one a lot, but since they've become a little too over the top for me.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Davin

Quote from: hismikeness on December 23, 2011, 07:32:56 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 23, 2011, 04:38:36 PM

Yeah... there's definitely something to be enjoyed about a good ol' classic action movie, but I can only take the "pull off a mask" trick in this series so many times. I enjoyed the first one a lot, but since they've become a little too over the top for me.
What about two masks deep or three or... Inception level mask wearing? I haven't seen this one yet, but the last one was way over the top... I still think they're decent actions movies, just better in the home rental variety than the theatre.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

I have already seen the film about three times but I love it so it has to be "Four Lions". In terms of films I haven't seen it will probably be "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy"
Retired member.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Davin on December 23, 2011, 07:36:18 PM
I still think they're decent actions movies, just better in the home rental variety than the theatre.

Best for home viewing definitely.

As for this type of action movie, I prefer the Jason Bourne series.