News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What is the next movie you plan on watching ?

Started by unholy1971, December 22, 2011, 12:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismikeness

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on December 23, 2011, 09:11:56 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 23, 2011, 07:36:18 PM
I still think they're decent actions movies, just better in the home rental variety than the theatre.

Best for home viewing definitely.

As for this type of action movie, I prefer the Jason Bourne series.

The Bourne series is great. I was impressed with Damon. I didn't think, before the first one, that he had "action star" in his toolbag. I was wrong.

If you haven't seen The Boune Ultimatum read no further. SPOILER ALERT

So my brother and I were watching Ultimatum and it was within a few minutes of the end credits rolling. My wife's friend walked in as he is floating in the water. *spoiler* before he starts swimming, she totally ruined it saying "Can you believe he's alive?" He was pissed for a while.

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hismikeness on December 23, 2011, 02:33:40 AM
That new Mission Impossible looks good, but goddammit if Tom Cruise hasn't fooled me in to thinking a movie would be good only to have it suck.

I know how that is.  I was once fooled by both Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neill into a seeing a movie that was a bigger waste of time than the remake of Cat People
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: hismikeness on December 23, 2011, 10:25:31 PM
The Bourne series is great. I was impressed with Damon.

Agree. Great entertainment. One of my favorite series of movies.

Ecurb Noselrub

My wife and I saw The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo last night.  Pretty good - some of it is a little hard to watch and uncomfortable, as it does get pretty graphic.  Some of the literary characters are combined and some scenes compressed, but that is inevitable in any screenplay of a large book.  Overall, it's about 85% faithful to the book, and I knew what was going on.  The Girl is excellently played by Rooney Mara - I wouldn't mess with her - one badass chick.  I'd give the movie about a 4 out of 5. 

Crocoduck

Being a Holmes fan it has to be Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 27, 2011, 05:50:55 AM
I'm glad you qualified that as Sherlock and not John  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

Quote from: Tank on December 27, 2011, 05:52:02 AM
Quote from: Crocoduck on December 27, 2011, 05:50:55 AM
I'm glad you qualified that as Sherlock and not John  ;D
Oh maybe I'll watch Boogie Nights instead.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank