News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

The Argument from Truth

Started by Egor, December 27, 2011, 07:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

I don't mean to be snide and nasty but a person would have to be somewhat mentally challenged to think that physical objects cannot exist without a consciousness present to define them. His argument is more bizarre than most we have heard given that most of his posts hadn't been too weird apart from his enthusiastic call to have a holy war.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 01, 2012, 12:31:40 PM
*hiccup* Drink!

Yep.  Ed is one of those people who makes me sad I don't drink.

Quote from: Asmodean on January 01, 2012, 06:24:48 PM
Quote from: Whitney on January 01, 2012, 05:47:20 PM
I guess I can be happy to say that I haven't given Egor enough thought to even know where this grand blog is.
Came across it while satisfying my obsession with background checks on weird theists, but never bothered to read it.

He also told us how to find it in his first post and my curiosity got the better of me.  Let me know exactly what to expect from him and he proved true to form.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

ThinkAnarchy

I have obviously missed some interesting things here. I had a hard time following his points, but what I gathered was this:

Despite there being physical objects prior to living consciousness, those things only existed if there were a consciousness? If that is his argument in a nutshell, even if we accepted that as truth, it still wouldn't be evidence of a god. It would simply mean there was a god and things existed prior to us, or there is no god and things that exist didn't exist until we existed...

"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on January 06, 2012, 09:34:13 PM
I have obviously missed some interesting things here. I had a hard time following his points,

That's probably because they move about, they're kind of wobbly.
I find it best to approximate trajectory and place myself where I think they are least likely to land.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on January 06, 2012, 09:34:13 PM
I have obviously missed some interesting things here. I had a hard time following his points, but what I gathered was this:

Despite there being physical objects prior to living consciousness, those things only existed if there were a consciousness? If that is his argument in a nutshell, even if we accepted that as truth, it still wouldn't be evidence of a god. It would simply mean there was a god and things existed prior to us, or there is no god and things that exist didn't exist until we existed...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he basically saying that he imagines his reality? ???
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2012, 03:34:51 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he basically saying that he imagines his reality? ???

Maybe. I could read his blog to better understand his argument, but I clicked it once and he compared atheists to rapists. That was the point where I was done. When he compared non-violent atheists to violent rapists he lost any credibility he might have had on any subject.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

MadBomr101

He lost all credibility with me within three days after he first showed up.  He really hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and the arrogance act gets old fast.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.