News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

New to the forum and to the topic of atheism

Started by whitewater, December 07, 2011, 05:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitewater

Hello all I'm new to this forum and decided that it would be a good idea to hear straight from the horse's mouth about atheism. So I thought this would be a good place to start.

Buddy

Well, if you want it from the horse's mouth, that would me me  ;D haha just kidding! Welcome to the forum Whitewater
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Welcome!

Is there something specific you want to know..? Atheists are a varied bunch, often unified by nothing except our lack of a belief in gods, but we can probably satisfy your curiosity to a degree.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Hellos and Welcome! Hopefully all of your questions can be answered here, but be warned, we here at HAF are a strange bunch. ;)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, whitewater. I'm sure the membership here will try to satisfy your curiosity, though some of the issues you may be interested in exploring will have to wait until you've made 10 posts and have graduated from the "Getting to Know You" section.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Hi whitewater

Well you'll get straight answers to straight questions here, glad you took the time to sign up.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on December 07, 2011, 09:46:08 PM
Well you'll get straight answers to straight questions here, glad you took the time to sign up.
We will also do our best to provide gay answers to gay questions  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 09:52:21 PM
GINASFS!
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

OldGit

Welcome, whitewater.  You've come to the right place for answers.  :)

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 09:54:27 PM
GINASFS!
No, but what if a question is, in fact, homosexual..? Would that not require a homosexual answer?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 09:54:27 PM
GINASFS!
No, but what if a question is, in fact, homosexual..? Would that not require a homosexual answer?
Then I guess it is fine. Although, I've gotten straight answers to gay questions before... Then again, that might be why I am the way I am...

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:03:48 PM
Then I guess it is fine. Although, I've gotten straight answers to gay questions before... Then again, that might be why I am the way I am...
For the record, if I say "gay", I mean "gay", not "lame" or "shitty" or, in fact, anything else. That would be mildly discriminatory and homosexuals have done The Asmo far less ill than many other groups of people, so he does not discriminate against them.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
For the record, if I say "gay", I mean "gay", not "lame" or "shitty" or, in fact, anything else. That would be mildly discriminatory and homosexuals have done The Asmo far less ill than many other groups of people, so he does not discriminate against them.
Yay! I love my gay friends so I can be extremely over protective of gays in general. I've seen what they can go through. It ain't fun.

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:12:40 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on December 07, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
Yay! I love my gay friends so I can be extremely over protective of gays in general. I've seen what they can go through. It ain't fun.

Yea, my best friend's gay and I have seen what people will do. Its awful.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.