News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hello Everyone!

Started by TheFoxGuy, December 08, 2011, 04:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFoxGuy

Hello HAF! This is my first post to the forum and I thought it appropriate to appropriate (see what I did there...?) this topic as such. Time for my back-story (mind the English errors, I'm not much for essays)

I began life in New Hampshire. I spent the years before my memory began to collect thoughts in a small town in that state. Before I began to form my conscience I moved to Florida where, after a few years, I was indoctrinated into baptism (correct wording? the baptist church.) I embraced the baptist way of life until last year, when I began to think. I have always been a highly intelligent, if not lazy, human. I attended honors courses in science and mathematics in high school so I knew my way around three dimensional space. My gradual turn to atheism began after I purchased a simple, 4 inch newtonian reflector telescope. Soon after I acquired another telescope, a 1970's Target store brand 60mm refractor. These two tools opened my mind to the vastness of space. That is when it happened. I was an atheist. I am an atheist.

Today I am 22 years old, a college sophomore attending my local community college. I am poor, have no money and no job, and live at home with my (very) christian mother, yet, I cannot express gratitude for the life I have been granted and the place where I was born. I am not starving for food, I do not have any crippling illnesses, and my thought process is not muddied with simple religious doctrines.

In the end, I just want a place to talk to other people who are in my current state of mind. Where I live it is impossible to find non-religious fanatics who try to convert you to their creeds every opportunity they get.

HAF, greetings! I will be here for a long time and hopefully will experience things that will be with me until the day I leave this world. HELLO!

xSilverPhinx

Welcome!

Yes, yes...I see what you did there! ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

TheFoxGuy

I think I'm going to like being here XD

Is there a forum for regular, run-of-the-mill chatting about random stuff? I didn't see one on my first glance. Example topic: Ever lose a toe in a skiing accident?

xSilverPhinx

That would be the Laid Back Lounge ;D

Is that topic purposefully random or...the alternative?  :o

TheFoxGuy

I almost never use this term, but LOL!

Completely random and on spontaneous impulse XD

xSilverPhinx

The Magic Pudding

Hello

You aren't Rupert Murdoch are you?

Tank

Mornin' TFX

Well I hope you find this place a little corner of rational sanity in a world of superstition.

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
Pets...what do you have?
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Well, Hello there! Welcome to the forum!  ;D Most of the random chatting is in the Laid Back Lounge, although we do sometimes experience "thread hijack"
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MadBomr101

Quote from: TheFoxGuy on December 08, 2011, 04:58:18 AMMy gradual turn to atheism began after I purchased a simple, 4 inch newtonian reflector telescope. Soon after I acquired another telescope, a 1970's Target store brand 60mm refractor. These two tools opened my mind to the vastness of space. That is when it happened. I was an atheist. I am an atheist.

Testify brother!  I received my call to reject the false Xian god when the true God of Atheism came to me in an Irish pub, sat down, bought me a beer and asked :"The f*ck, man?"  I got what he meant.  I've been atheist ever since.

Welcome to the house of the damned.  (See what I did there?)   ;D
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Jose AR

Hello, you have a great story for your deconversion. I am a little jealous. I am also new to the forum.
Jose