News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Pharaoh Cat's Intro

Started by Pharaoh Cat, November 18, 2011, 09:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharaoh Cat

Hi all.  This will be my sig when I'm allowed to have one:

---
Check your information.  Fulfill your intent.  Honor your instincts.  Maintain your independence.  This answers the question, What Would Your Cat Do (WWYCD)?
---

I'm an apatheist.

I train in kickboxing, own a handgun and know how to use it, like women, and read a lot.

This will be my profile pic when I'm allowed to have one:

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Tank

Morning PC

Recalls this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3_XRsDP7eM from my early childhood!

Welcome to HAF.

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Hello
There's a few cats here already.
I don't think there's any kick boxing cats though.
Certainly no kick boxing cat with a gun that I know of.
Although it is possible, cats are notoriously secretive.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 10:05:30 AM
Recalls this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3_XRsDP7eM from my early childhood!

Oh man that Top Cat theme brought a smile to my face!  :)

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 18, 2011, 10:40:11 AM
Hello
There's a few cats here already.
I don't think there's any kick boxing cats though.
Certainly no kick boxing cat with a gun that I know of.
Although it is possible, cats are notoriously secretive.

A kick boxing cat with a gun. I would pay to see that.

Välkomen to the forums Pharaoh Cat!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 18, 2011, 04:11:58 PM

Me too.  I tried googling for a pic and I found many "karate cat" pix and some really good "cat with a gun" pix but none that combined the two concepts.  8)

Tank

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on November 18, 2011, 05:05:09 PM

Me too.  I tried googling for a pic and I found many "karate cat" pix and some really good "cat with a gun" pix but none that combined the two concepts.  8)

That sounds like a job for The Magic Pudding!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on November 18, 2011, 05:05:09 PM

Me too.  I tried googling for a pic and I found many "karate cat" pix and some really good "cat with a gun" pix but none that combined the two concepts.  8)

No gun wielding, karate cats in the internet?

Now there is.

You're welcome, internet.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

Quote from: Davin on November 18, 2011, 05:36:49 PM

Now there is.

You're welcome, internet.

Hello new computer wallpaper XD
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Davin on November 18, 2011, 05:36:49 PM

Now there is.

Shared instantly on Facebook for the amusement of my couple dozen pals.  ;)

Pharaoh Cat

Cool!  The software squished my avatar and I actually like it better that way!  8)

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

launion

Quote from: Pharaoh Cat on November 18, 2011, 09:47:46 AM
Hi all.  This will be my sig when I'm allowed to have one:

---
Check your information.  Fulfill your intent.  Honor your instincts.  Maintain your independence.  This answers the question, What Would Your Cat Do (WWYCD)?
---

I'm an apatheist.

I train in kickboxing, own a handgun and know how to use it, like women, and read a lot.

This will be my profile pic when I'm allowed to have one:

hi cat  i think i have seen u online elswhere  ????????????

EDIT: Sorted out text - Tank

launion

thank you  cat   i learnt something new already...

?"Apatheism (a portmanteau of apathy and theism/atheism), also known as pragmatic atheism or (critically) as practical atheism, is acting with apathy, disregard, or lack of interest towards belief or lack of belief in a deity. Apatheism describes the manner of acting towards a belief or lack of a belief in a deity; so applies to both theism and atheism. An apatheist is also someone who is not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist. In other words, an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to his or her life.

Apathetic agnosticism (also called pragmatic agnosticism) is the view that thousands of years of debate have neither proven, nor dis-proven, the existence of one or more deities. This view concludes that even if one or more deities exist, they do not appear to be concerned about the fate of humans. Therefore, their existence has little impact on personal human affairs and should be of little theological interest.

Apatheists hold that if it were possible to prove that God exists, their beliefs and behavior would not change. Similarly, there would be no change if someone proved that God does not exist.[1]""

Jose AR

Hello, I like the idea of referring to a common animal for spiritual guidance. When arguing with theists, I sometimes say that I am like their dog. I am mostly happy, I live mimute by minute, I like to go out on walks, and I enjoy my bodily functions without shame.
Welcome
Jose