News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

This is why I'm glad I shop online on Black Friday...

Started by Godless, November 26, 2011, 03:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godless

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/police-10-injured-at-wal-mart-as-woman-pepper-sprays-customers-seeking-black-friday-deals/2011/11/25/gIQAiqjcuN_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

I seriously don't get how this lady can jeopardize people's safety just to be able to get a damn video game console. I think this whole "Black Friday" thing is turning into a blood sport where people are literally at each others' throats just to save a little bit of money. I honestly would rather pay full price and not have to deal with this madness.

Squid

It's a despicable display each and every year that fact that people are injured and even die over discounted retail goods is quite sickening.

skwurll

And it's going to keep happening every year until there's enough fatalities to convince legislature to make laws against Black Friday sales.

Tank

This is even being reported on the BBC main news  :D

'Meica gotta love it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Black Friday is scary!

We're close enough to the border that some of my co-workers have driven to the States to participate in it some years. I wouldn't go if these stores were giving the stuff away for free, it's stupid herd mentality at its worst.

There are a bunch of retailers trying to bring it into Canada now :(

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ihateyoumike

Try running the front end (manager over EVERY cashier in the store) at a walmart on black Friday (which we have to call "the event" at work because of all the negative connotations associated with the term "black Friday") It is a horrible thing to have to do. Everything that was on sell, but not changed in the computers, had to have me there to turn a key at the registers and override the transaction. Getting from one side of the store to the other was hell since our store was over fire capacity. I actually had people yell at me for cutting in line even though I'm dressed in work gear with a name badge and radio in my ear, and if I didn't get to the front of the line to override the transaction, the line wouldn't be able to move.
If you really want to see just how idiotic people can be, all you need to do is have my job for a black Friday.
At least there were no pepper spray incidents at my store.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on November 26, 2011, 08:19:14 AM
This is even being reported on the BBC main news  :D

'Meica gotta love it!

Yeah seen this a few times now on the different media outlets, makes me laugh every time. I want to know how much those xbox's were selling for if it was more than $50 people are bat shit crazy, in fact I don't think I could be bothered with that noise even if it was $1.
Retired member.

Buddy

Hmmm. I remember my first Black Friday. My friends thought it would be fun to take the foreign kid shopping at the most popular mall in the area on the busiest day of the year.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 26, 2011, 10:54:09 PM
Hmmm. I remember my first Black Friday. My friends thought it would be fun to take the foreign kid shopping at the most popular mall in the area on the busiest day of the year.  :D
Oh joy! I bet that was a fun introduction to 'Merican' 'culture'.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2011, 09:09:39 AM

'Mercia nearly scarred me for life.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 27, 2011, 05:18:10 PM

You're 16 and still live there. Plenty of time yet!  ;D

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on November 27, 2011, 08:06:44 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 27, 2011, 05:18:10 PM

You're 16 and still live there. Plenty of time yet!  ;D

Not for long! I'm moving back ASAP  ;D

Fi

I am so glad that Amazon is a thing that exists.

How do people manage to be so awful? It just blows my mind every year.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Asmodean

Shop rage, eh..?

That is why I don't go to fire sales, christmas sales or any other seriously underpriced kinds of sales - they turn people, who in crowds are generally dangerous idiots to begin with, even more dangerous and idiotic.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.