News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you watching now?

Started by Sandra Craft, November 23, 2011, 02:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Boardwalk Empire.  Love Steve Buscemi (only hope I did justice to spelling his name).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

MariaEvri

just finished "dark of the moon". What can I say Im a sucker for giant robots. Still too much humans-not enough robots
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

KingPhilip

Breaking Bad. Watched 15 episodes in four days, I'm mildly addicted.
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti

Crocoduck

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on November 27, 2011, 06:39:51 PM
I just started watching "Kenny vs. Spenny" and it's totally killed my whole morning. :P
I forgot about that show. I had to find a few episodes. I'm watching "First Guy To Get A Boner Loses" now.  ;D
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Crow

Just finished watching "Warrior" now I understand why Tom Hardy was cast as Bane in the new Batman film.
Retired member.

Cecilie

Just watched Norway kick Croatia's asses in handball. News is on now.
The world's what you create.

Melmoth

Quote from: BooksCatsEtcBoardwalk Empire.  Love Steve Buscemi (only hope I did justice to spelling his name).

Great show. I really like the guy who plays Jimmy, the war vet character. He's got such a brilliant face! Even though it's so wide-eyed and youthful, it somehow generates such an oppressive, brooding, dark cloud. One look is enough to make you think, "that guy must have been through some plane of hell that most 80 year olds will never understand." Love it.

I'm watching The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes at the moment. I'll reserve judgement 'til the end.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Crow

Quote from: Melmoth on December 15, 2011, 08:31:52 PM
Great show. I really like the guy who plays Jimmy, the war vet character. He's got such a brilliant face! Even though it's so wide-eyed and youthful, it somehow generates such an oppressive, brooding, dark cloud. One look is enough to make you think, "that guy must have been through some plane of hell that most 80 year olds will never understand." Love it.

And has a brilliant haircut. Also his mate Richard Harrow (guy with half a face) is such a good character.
Retired member.

Crocoduck

Sarah Millican Chatterbox

I think Im in Love ;D
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Whitney

gop debate....not sure how long I can stand it though :)

Whitney

there are some fun twitter buttons you can mess with on the bottom; currently ron paul is the only one in the green.  http://live.foxnews.com/

The Magic Pudding

The series "Outnumbered" has some funny parts, the young girl acting out things with her stuffed toys is often good.

QuoteBen: there what have you done to my room!!!! it's full of, it's full of ....... Floor!!!!

QuoteBen: Why has Jesus got that sad expression on his face?
   Sue: Well, he's being - crucified, and it's making him feel sad.
   Ben: He's got nails in his hands, he should be going: "Aaaaargh!"
   Sue: Ben, shush!
   Ben: Well, he should. Stroppy old Jesus.

QuotePete: You are not allergic to peas. No one's allergic to peas. No one in the world is allergic to peas!
   Karen: How do you know, because you - you haven't asked the people and - even if you did, I know you'd be lying because you can't speak Indian, you can't speak Japanese, you can't speak - you can't speak Australian or any of that!

QuoteKaren: What is a motherfudger?
   Ben: It's a mother that's made of fudge and you can eat them.

QuoteKaren: One time I woke up and I only had four fingers like the Simpsons, and I went into Ben's room and he had - he had my finger sellotaped on, so he had - (counts quickly under her breath) he had six fingers all in one hand.
   Pete: Are you sure that's a dream? That does sound like something Ben might do.

QuoteKaren: How can you not like somebody you've never met?
   Sue: Good point, Karen.
   Karen: Yes, you should only hate people you know.
   Sue: Ye... er...
   Karen: Like Miss Braybrook.
   Sue: But you love Miss Braybrook! She's the reason you're Christian!
   Karen: Not any more, that's all rubbish.
   Pete: Rubbish is a bit harsh.
   Karen: I don't believe in God anymore, I'm a Satanist.
   Pete: I think that's an atheist. Satanists...do things to goats.

I think there is potential signature for the poaching here.
QuotePete: You have to treat everybody's views whatever they believe with equal respect don't you?
   Karen: What? Even idiots?

QuoteSue: You can't take money that people have put in the fountain, because it's not your money!
   Karen: No but it's not theirs any more, it's the fountain's, and the fountain can't do anything if I take it!
   Sue: No! Those people -
   Karen: They're idiots! You're allowed to take money from idiots!

QuoteKaren: So that was modern art.
   Sue: Yes, darling.
   Karen: It was RUBBISH.

Karen: The National Gallery was rubbish too.
   Pete: What about the lovely Van Goghs?
   Karen: It was all wiggly and he should have gone over it! And the stars were all...wiggly and sprouty, it's like he was crazy or something.

QuoteBen: Why's that man wearing a dress?
   Jake: It's not a dress and it's the Pope. It's his robe.
   Ben: That can't be the Pope, because the Pope wears barbed wire pants and kills anybody who knows that Jesus had children.

QuoteBen: Who's that woman with the black thing over her head?
   Jake: That's the burka, Ben. She wears it because she's a Muslim.
   Ben: Do boys wear 'em? Because it'd be cool if you were at school 'cos you could like - text under there and you could like, change your pants and nobody would know!

Quote[Pete and Jake are being questioned by a man opposing speed bumps in the local area, who has hasselled them many times before]
   Man: [to Pete] So can we assume your support? It's just, you're not entirely clear as to your exact position.
   Pete: My exact position? Ah yes, now, let me see... I would say, erm, that... Well, given that my child is currently in the hospital, having been hit by a speeding car -
   Jake: You don't actually know that, dad.
   Pete: [ignoring him] I would say, on balance, erm, that my exact position is that, in order to slow down all the, erm... Shrivel-cocked Jeremy Clarkson wannabes - such as your good self - who seem to feel that any speed restriction is an abuse of their basic human rights to drive like a pillock, I would be in favour of any speed bumps.
   Jake: Dad!
   Pete: [angrily] And, as a further traffic calming measure, I'd also be in favour of rocket-propelled grenades targeted to disappear up their stupid, complacent little arses!

QuoteKaren: If you say it will hurt a tiny bit and it hurts a lot, who do I talk to?
   Nurse: Who do you talk to?
   Karen: Yes, you must have a system.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Outnumbered

Tank

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 15, 2011, 11:46:37 PM
Sarah Millican Chatterbox

I think Im in Love ;D
She really is a scream isn't she  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 16, 2011, 02:25:53 AM
The series "Outnumbered" has some funny parts, the young girl acting out things with her stuffed toys is often good.

I love that series.

QuotePete: You have to treat everybody's views whatever they believe with equal respect don't you?
    Karen: What? Even idiots?

Quality quote, here is the video clip in case people haven't seen it. Outnumbered - I'm a Satanist.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey