Jokes Thread (Was named Anyone know any good jokes ? I'll start :D )

Started by no_god_know_peace, November 10, 2011, 12:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: Pasta Chick on June 26, 2014, 04:17:04 PM
Ha!  Autocorrect for subtitles would be amazing. 

It happens all the time on live BBC broadcasts.

Retired member.

Pasta Chick

That's awesome.  I would watch with subtitles if I knew I was going to see stuff like that.  All we usually get are weird, garbled non-words. 

jumbojak

Quote from: Pasta Chick on June 26, 2014, 04:48:16 PM
That's awesome.  I would watch with subtitles if I knew I was going to see stuff like that.  All we usually get are weird, garbled non-words. 

I've found that if you read the subtitles from ESPN you sound just like Christopher Walken. No. Commas. Needed.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Pasta Chick

Einstein, Newton, and Pascal are hanging out one afternoon. Einstein is bored, so he suggests, "Let's play hide-and-seek. I'll be it!"
The others agree, so Einstein begins counting. "One... Two... Three..."
Pascal runs off right away to find a place to hide.
But Newton merely takes out a piece of chalk and draws a mid-sized square. He finishes and steps into the square just as Einstein shouts, "Ready or not -- here I come!"
Einstein looks up and immediately spots Newton standing right in front of him. He says, "I found you, Newton!"
Newton replies, "No, you found one Newton per square meter -- You found Pascal!"

Ali

Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2014, 04:28:10 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on June 26, 2014, 04:17:04 PM
Ha!  Autocorrect for subtitles would be amazing. 

It happens all the time on live BBC broadcasts.

I always liked that I'm Year of the Monkey, but that's only because I didn't know that Year of the Whores was an option.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Pasta Chick on June 27, 2014, 02:27:47 PM
Einstein, Newton, and Pascal are hanging out one afternoon. Einstein is bored, so he suggests, "Let's play hide-and-seek. I'll be it!"
But Newton merely takes out a piece of chalk and draws a mid-sized square. He finishes and steps into the square just as Einstein shouts, "Ready or not -- here I come!"
Einstein looks up and immediately spots Newton standing right in front of him. He says, "I found you, Newton!"
Newton replies, "No, you found one Newton per square meter -- You found Pascal!"

Awesome
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2014, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on June 26, 2014, 03:40:34 PM
Yes. And people going to Oslo should prepare for yet another variety of aggressive begging - charity subscription salesmen.  >:(

Ewww chuggers. Not seen one of them in a while.

Yes, we seem to have a local infestation type of situation going.  >:( They are like genital warts on The Asmo's tranquility.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Marvin

Quote from: Asmodean on June 27, 2014, 11:01:25 PM
Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2014, 04:05:51 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on June 26, 2014, 03:40:34 PM
Yes. And people going to Oslo should prepare for yet another variety of aggressive begging - charity subscription salesmen.  >:(

Ewww chuggers. Not seen one of them in a while.

Yes, we seem to have a local infestation type of situation going.  >:( They are like genital warts on The Asmo's tranquility.  >:(

Oh come on, look at it as an opportunity for a nasty retort.
I'm sure you could do better but something like:
Feeding the hungry, that's just prolonging the problem.
Why don't you get a proper job anyway?
What's your commission?
Really that much, hmmm.

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Marvin

Quote from: Essie Mae on June 27, 2014, 10:16:45 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on June 27, 2014, 02:27:47 PM

Awesome

I don't like this kind of humour that presumes people know stuff, it puts us dumb bums under too much pressure.
Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Pasta Chick

OldGit

Asmodean

That kid should have no problem getting out of it. His arms are not properly secured.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Claireliontamer

I know this is the joke thread, but that's not real is it!?

Pasta Chick

What is the purpose of restraining his head?

Seems to from a now defunct satire page.  Can't get to the .org site but this was on their FB:

No one got it, which may explain the page being defunct.