News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Jay, November 08, 2011, 06:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Hi my name is Jay and this is my first time on this forum. I joined in hopes to meet other people that share the same beliefs as me. I am an atheist, however, I am unbiased towards people of faith and am glad to hear other points of views.

Buddy

Hello! Hope you enjoy the forum. Care to tell us a bit about yourself? Country you live in, pets, hobbies, social security number  :P :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Jay

Yes, I live in the United States and do not currently have any pets. My hobbies base mostly around music. I play guitar as well as bass guitar. I am currently a college student majoring in history.

Buddy

Nice. I love history, it's one of my favorite subject in school.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Hi Jay

Glad you took the time to join up  :)

Welcome to HAF

Regards
Chris

Notes for new members.
The Rules.

Users who comply with forum rules will graduate to full membership after 10 posts. Till that time your ability to post is limited to the "Getting to Know You" section of the forum. It is our hope that this small restriction improves the overall atmosphere of HAF.

Some threads you might find interesting.
Where did you get your username from?
10 Things About Yourself
Tell us A Bit About Where You're From
Photography
Non-religious pet peeves
How to tell your family you are an atheist.*

*You will need 10 posts before you can add a post to this thread, but you can read it at any time.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Jojo77

Welcome and I also find history interesting.
~Enjoy this moment, it may be your last. ~

Jay

history has always been one of my better subjects. I hope to get a bachelor's degree in it and become a high school teacher.

Tank

Quote from: Jay on November 09, 2011, 05:56:34 AM
history has always been one of my better subjects. I hope to get a bachelor's degree in it and become a high school teacher.
History is about as big a subject as one could find, are there any particular periods you are especially interested in?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Jay

Well I'm most interested in American history.

Tank

Quote from: Jay on November 09, 2011, 03:27:49 PM
Well I'm most interested in American history.
Isn't 'American History' an oxymoron  ;)

I live 22 miles from York Minster, now that's History!

;D

OldGit

Nyah, you in York only had to fight Vikings, us in Hereford had to fight the Welsh.  Much tougher!  And they burnt down our cathedral.