Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

End of the world in 5 days

Started by Gawen, October 16, 2011, 07:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xjeepguy

Quote from: OldGit on October 21, 2011, 03:39:23 PM
Somebody should nail him up and we'd find out.  ;D

That is the funniest sentence I have read all week. Thank you, I really needed that. ;D
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Attila

LOL! Anyway 16 minutes to go and counting.... Anyone with any money riding on the outcome? What kind of odds are they giving?

Attila

Here it is:
http://www.inbalhotel.com/Jerusalem-live-camera-old-city-view
You can watch the end of the universe on live webcam!! It's getting darker but there are still people and cars about.
update: nope it just ain't happening. move along, there's nothing to see. >:(

Ildiko

Nope, looks as though Gawen's Jerusalem time theory was wrong.

It has to be California time, surely? That's the centre of the universe as far as Camping is concerned.

Too Few Lions

:D Count me in!

I wonder what bullshit explanation he'll come out with tomorrow, can't wait for that!

Too Few Lions

I don't want to worry anyone, but I just spotted this outside my window...

I couldn't see any crazy old man riding it though, so hopefully it's just part of the usual dragon migration heading south for the winter...

Attila

Quote from: Too Few Lions on October 21, 2011, 05:21:31 PM
I don't want to worry anyone, but I just spotted this outside my window...

I couldn't see any crazy old man riding it though, so hopefully it's just part of the usual dragon migration heading south for the winter...
No 6th head ergo harmless. Not impressed in the least. Did you make it yourself?

Too Few Lions

You don't find it scary? In the slightest?
Damn!
It's a toy of Tiamat, the oldest dragon of them all.

Tank

Na, they tried that before and it just confused the issue.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Attila

As you will probably realise once you've woken up, the world has not ended. My kitten and I are both awake with no signs of anything being amiss. Lest you are wondering how this is possible, I offer you the following explanation.
Harold Camping (pictured to the right) is a false prophet!
"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." —Matthew 7:15
This is not my view this is god's view. And since christians don't make things up, this must be true. Further it is featured on god's official website.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/harold_camping.htm
I think that this takes a load off all our minds.

Gawen

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Norfolk And Chance

So, have we had any comment from Mr Camping yet?
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

Attila

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on October 23, 2011, 02:32:17 PM
So, have we had any comment from Mr Camping yet?
He seems to have mysteriously disappeared.  ;D ;D ;D

Gawen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052114/You-come-Harold-Doomsday-prophet-remains-hiding-world-survives-Rapture--AGAIN.html?ITO=1490
...prophesised humanity would be wiped out in the rapture on May 21 with a series of earthquakes followed by months of torment for those left behind.

QuoteMr Camping's daughter Susan Espinoza told Winnipeg News: 'I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we at Family Radio have been directed to not talk to the media or the press.'

The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Norfolk And Chance

I wonder if his faith has been shaken at all?

Imagine the horror of getting to 90 years old, your life being all but over, and potentially could end at any time, and coming to the realisation that actually, god and heaven and hell is all bull?

It must be horrifying because you may feel you've wasted your life and haven't got enough time to accept the enormity of the thought that you draw your last breath and it's lights out for good.

I think I'd feel robbed.
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty