News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hung

Started by Sandra Craft, October 11, 2011, 03:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Now that I have your attention . . .

I don't know whether this belongs in media or social issues but I figure it can be easily moved if it's misplaced.

I don't know if anybody else here watches this show (or if I'm the only person who even thinks about such things), but altho I do enjoy it I find the whole premise of a male prostitute who caters solely to female clients completely unbelievable.  It's not that I don't think there'd be a market for such a service, I'm sure there is, I just can't see how it would be cost effective enough to be successful.

This is the type of thing I think about when I'm not thinking about evolution.   ;D
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

McQ

I just wish I knew what you're talking about.  ???

Care to elaborate?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Sandra Craft

Quote from: McQ on October 11, 2011, 04:21:05 AM
I just wish I knew what you're talking about.  ???

Care to elaborate?

It's a sitcom on HBO, stars Thomas Jane as an ex-high school football coach who, lacking any other skills, becomes a prostitute to survive in this rough economy.  His "pimp" is a rather ditzy failed poet, I wish I could remember the name of the actor who plays her but it just doesn't stick in my head.
Sandy

Tank

@ McQ http://www.hbo.com/hung/index.html

Quote from: BCEI just can't see how it would be cost effective enough to be successful.
I know (not in the biblical sense) a couple of casual sex workers, one is a 44yo bi-male(J) the other a 21yo bi-female(H). Both could quite happily give up their day jobs and have a much improved income. 'J' preferes lady clients but he's happy with men, as long as he's in the 'driving seat' as it were. He charges £120-180 and hour on out calls with £50 per hour on travelling time. His clients are 60:40 male:female. She charges £250 an hour and as she doesn't have a car the client pays transport etc. They both definitly enjoy their work. They are both medium-good as far as looks/body are concerned. There is no doubt there is a market out there for people who are prepared to satisfy it. 'J' has a handful of regular female clients. Some like wining and dining others its no hangup sex with somebody who they have got to know. 'H' has problems with infatuation from her clients, which is apparently the main problem for a young lady.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on October 11, 2011, 10:30:09 AM
@ McQ http://www.hbo.com/hung/index.html
His clients are 60:40 male:female.

Now that I can see being realistic, it makes sense to me that most of the money is in the male clients.  It's the 100:female client that I don't see happening.
Sandy

McQ

I don't have HBO, so that's why it was so unfamiliar to me. Thanks for the clarification. And thanks, also, Tank, for the link to it.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Crow

I like the show, the actor himself use to be a rent boy. I'm sure if that's the career somebody wanted to pursue as a straight sex worker then it would be possible, you say yes to the women and no to the males or vise versa but makes more sense to cater to both as it means more clients therefore more pennies.
Retired member.