News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Make enough sense for ya??

Started by fyv0h, September 30, 2011, 02:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyv0h

Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Sandra Craft

Wow.  The logical fallacies in that were so obvious even I recognized them!  And I haven't even studied.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hismikeness

This is so-and-so. This is his most extreme, out-of-context anti-Christian message. Don't believe him.

No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

OldGit

It certainly falls apart when logical criteria are applied.  But since when did any kind of advertising rely on logic?  It's meant to work on an emotional level, and it does that quite effectively.  I would judge it's well designed for the job it sets out to do.

Tank

Well that whiny partonising voice was just what I needed to hear to convert me!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

BullyforBronto

Quote from: Tank on September 30, 2011, 09:34:58 AM
... that whiny partonising voice ...

No kidding. That was hard to stomach.

fyv0h

soooo...you're saying I shouldn't believe every word that she said without regard to factual information?

Anybody else notice the great not-inspired-by-christianity-at-all nazi shots in there? And was it me, or were the only things that she claimed Dawkins and Mr. Murderer had in common were the use of smartsy words like "reason" and "rational"? I'd watch it again, but it made me go cross-eyed the first time.

لا إله

Recusant

Actually, the narrator sounded a lot like Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian. It wasn't Mrs. Bowers, but for a couple of seconds I thought it might be.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

fyv0h

My French history is slightly sub par, but wasn't Robespierre religious?

لا إله

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: fyv0h on October 01, 2011, 03:15:15 AM
My French history is slightly sub par, but wasn't Robespierre religious?

I think he created some weird goddess called "Reason" and wanted others to worship it. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey