News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Does this forum provides free speech?

Started by Happy Forever, September 25, 2011, 08:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on September 25, 2011, 08:59:47 PM
I toured many forums, UKs and Americans, they allow insults and ban free speech.

I feel this forum is the opposite although I don't know why I have to post ten posts here!!

I respect all members here and hope to build a very useful debate to find the truth.  ;)

Happy Forever
Hello HF

This forum is here to discuss anything you like, within the rules, I hope that is free enough, it should be as the rules are aimed at promoting free debate and a civil exchange of ideas. I have some experience of other forums and in my experience HAF is unique in that it does create an environment where civil discussion can take place.

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Happy Forever

Quote from: Recusant on September 25, 2011, 10:51:50 PM

Hello and welcome to HAF, Happy Forever.

you should have no problem here, as long as you don't preach, promote racism or post spam, and do provide a citation when quoting the work of others.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

Thank you Mr Recusant.

Insha Allah I will infringe no one of those.

Preaching....
QuotePreaching means stating your beliefs without providing evidence.
I don't preach, I debate who debate me civilly providing strong logical evidence. You are not in a mosque and I am not an Imam.

Thanks to Allah, Islam is the religion of logic.  :)

I hope my brothers and sisters here will be open minded and accept the mind challenge.

Happy Forever

Quote from: Scissorlegs on September 26, 2011, 01:02:07 AM
Cool, welcome Happy. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Assuming you have a genuine interest in what we might have to say, I congratulate your wary but  nonetheless forthright approach. Though I have to admit that for someone who believes that we, as atheists, will spend eternity in jahannam, I wonder why you would be interested in engaging with us. May i ask why the interest?

Haha
No, I don't believe so, Am I your god to judge?

Islam is against hiding knowledge and orders who know to inform who don't know and after the unknower knows, he bears the burden to inform what he knows to who don't know........

We will exchange knowledge here (will apply Islam), right?  :D

Happy Forever

Quote from: Whitney on September 26, 2011, 01:03:53 AM
welcome to haf, iSok has been a member here for a while and has been able to discuss Islam while conforming to the rules; so if you have questions he'd be a good one to ask.

Recusant, thank you for providing a great answer to the free speech question.

Whether Mr iSok is a Muslim or not, it gives me pleasure to share him and you, respectful brother, fruitful discussions.

All the best

Happy Forever

Quote from: SuperiorEd on September 26, 2011, 01:13:54 AM

I am new here too.  I was told not to speak of religion before my first 10 posts and only in the religion section.  I would surmise from this that speech is limited until your speech can be contained in the correct area of the forum.  POST 2

I think this is supposed to be happen in order to maintain organized forum.

Happy Forever

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on September 26, 2011, 03:15:00 AM
Hello!  ;D

Hello.  :D

Nice to meet you.

I am not a English native speaker, is there another reply for Hello?

I am an Arab.

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 10:43:09 AM
Quote from: SuperiorEd on September 26, 2011, 01:13:54 AM

I am new here too.  I was told not to speak of religion before my first 10 posts and only in the religion section.  I would surmise from this that speech is limited until your speech can be contained in the correct area of the forum.  POST 2

I think this is supposed to be happen in order to maintain organized forum.
Yep, that's part of it.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Happy Forever

Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2011, 09:57:12 AM

Hello HF

This forum is here to discuss anything you like, within the rules, I hope that is free enough, it should be as the rules are aimed at promoting free debate and a civil exchange of ideas. I have some experience of other forums and in my experience HAF is unique in that it does create an environment where civil discussion can take place.

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Salam brother Chris,

I joint some religious forums following their rules but when moderator sees rules with his own eyes (views), rules become useless.
If law can be personfied, what can't?

All the best

This is my thenth post, I hope I am free now.  :)

Asmodean

Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 10:46:32 AM
"Hi" (or other variations of hello), "Good (insert time of day except for night as that one is a goodbye)", "Greetings" etc.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 10:54:51 AM

Hello HF

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Salam brother Chris,

I joint some religious forums following their rules but when moderator sees rules with his own eyes (views), rules become useless.

All the best

This is my thenth post, I hope I am free now.  :)
The system is automatic, you should be able to post across the whole forum now  ;D

Happy Forever

Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2011, 11:07:18 AM
Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 10:54:51 AM

Hello HF

Welcome aboard.

Regards
Chris

Salam brother Chris,

All the best

This is my thenth post, I hope I am free now.  :)
The system is automatic, you should be able to post across the whole forum now  ;D
Quote from: Asmodean on September 26, 2011, 11:03:17 AM
Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 10:46:32 AM
"Hi" (or other variations of hello), "Good (insert time of day except for night as that one is a goodbye)", "Greetings" etc.

Thanks brothers

Siz

P

Haha
No, I don't believe so, Am I your god to judge?

Islam is against hiding knowledge and orders who know to inform who don't know and after the unknower knows, he bears the burden to inform what he knows to who don't know........

We will exchange knowledge here (will apply Islam), right?  :D

I have no god to judge me, but are you not compelled to take a view based on what is decreed by YOUR god?

I like your tone, friend, and I like your obligation to share information - very progressive of you to extend that to us.

You must be ecstatic at the thought of being happy forever (however misguided I might consider that thought to be). I, however am happy to be happy for a finite lifetime here on real, tangible millennia-old Earth. You gotta love life while it lasts.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

fyv0h

Jesus freaks out in the street. Handing tickets out for God.
Turning back, she just laughs. The boulevard is not that bad.  ~Elton John

لا إله

WWSDJD - What Would Sammy Davis Jr Do?

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Already, grumpy? o_o... That was fast. I didnt get to welcome him/her yet.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.