News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I got human's....

Started by iSok, September 19, 2011, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iSok

Qur'an [49:13] - "O Mankind, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of God is the most God-fearing of you. Surely God is All-Knowing, All-Aware."

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 23, 2011, 03:58:12 PM
The per capita comparisons aren't favourable for us, if I have two children and someone in Somalia has ten is it reasonable for my children to create five times the emissions/damage?
Me, I'd say yes. But then again, I wouldn't know green if it bit me on the nose.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

here are the world's top 20 pollutors, most of them aren't Western countries;

Magic Pudding, you're in at number nine, you have the planet's blood on your candied hands!

Tank

Quote from: iSok on September 23, 2011, 02:28:17 PM
The people here that blame religion for the environmental problem's.....you cannot be taken seriously.
Nobody said the religion was the only problem, but religious dogma that teaches that the will be "an end of days" and that unfettered reproduction is a good thing is a very dangerous combination.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 23, 2011, 04:18:10 PM
Magic Pudding, you're in at number nine, you have the planet's blood on your candied hands!

Hmmmmmmm, planet's blood.

It's not our fault, the country just bursts into flame every few years.
If we feed it to sheep they just fart and burp methane.
If we farm more environmentally friendly kangaroos the Europeans protest, we just can't win.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 23, 2011, 04:32:14 PM

Hmmmmmmm, planet's blood.

It's not our fault, the country just bursts into flame every few years.
If we feed it to sheep they just fart and burp methane.
If we farm more environmentally friendly kangaroos the Europeans protest, we just can't win.
Seriously? That's just bloody stupid. I know in America cows produce less protine per calorie than Buffalo do. They should stop farming cows ASAP.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sweetdeath

Hm, a family of three versus a  family of seven:  who will do the most carbon damage?

Hm.. Hmm.. 
Yeah, seriously, religion is A cause, since they think the devil made birth control.  *rolls eyes*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 23, 2011, 05:10:05 PM
Hm, a family of three versus a  family of seven:  who will do the most carbon damage?

Hm.. Hmm.. 
Yeah, seriously, religion is A cause, since they think the devil made birth control.  *rolls eyes*
The family of three in the USA will do an awful lot more environmental damage than a subsistence family of seven in India. A while ago an Indian politician sent 1,000 condoms to an American congressman because the US congressman had stated that third world countries should reduce their populations to reduce carbon output. At the time one US citizen produced 30 times the carbon of one Indian citizen.

It's also worth noting that a huge amount of China's carbon output is from making consumer goods to be exported to the west. So we may not produce the carbon but we are responsible for its production elsewhere on Earth.

Sweetdeath

Whoa, you just blew my mind, Tank. :o

On a related note:  I think we REALLY need to stop this outsourcing b.s anyway.  I have been looking for a job for 6 months now. Uggggh
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 23, 2011, 05:29:04 PM
Whoa, you just blew my mind, Tank. :o

On a related note:  I think we REALLY need to stop this outsourcing b.s anyway.  I have been looking for a job for 6 months now. Uggggh
Unfortunatly we can't stop outsourcing until we can stop shareholders in companies demanding growth and increasing profits to increase share prices and dividends. Greed, in one form or another, drives business.

xSilverPhinx

Brazil?!  :o That's a bit of a surprise...

Quote from: Tank on September 23, 2011, 04:38:54 PM
Seriously? That's just bloody stupid. I know in America cows produce less protine per calorie than Buffalo do. They should stop farming cows ASAP.

I hear insects are even better in that regard...we'll probably become somewhat insectivore in the future.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Too Few Lions

yeah, you Brazilians need to sort your act out  ;)
I guess you're a big country with a large population and there's probably quite a lot of deforestation and industrialisation going on.
btw I'm immensely jealous of you living in Brasilia, I love Oscar Niermeyer's architecture. Must be amazing to see those buildings every day.

Asmodean

Not on the list, am I..?  >:( I need me more tires and paraffin. NOW!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

you Scandinavians are far too green and healthy living for my liking. You need to drive bigger cars and burn more things!

Asmodean

Quote from: Too Few Lions on September 23, 2011, 08:00:29 PM
you Scandinavians are far too green and healthy living for my liking. You need to drive bigger cars and burn more things!
Well, I thought I was a big enough environmental disaster to get on that list in me own right... Apparently, needs more burning tires.  >:(

Pudding! Where is Pudding?! I need his PhotoShop. I need Argentina removed from the list and replaced with Asmodean the Environmentally-Disastrous One.  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.