News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Paper Sculpture in Edinburgh Libraries & Elsewhere

Started by Recusant, September 20, 2011, 12:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Somebody anonymously started leaving intricate paper artworks in Edinburgh libraries and other cultural institutions earlier this year. As far as I've been able to find, nobody who knows the artist is speaking up.  Some of the stuff is rather nice, and the artist obviously is specifically supporting the cultural scene in Edinburgh, as well as apparently being a fan of Ian Rankin. (I've enjoyed his books myself.)

"Mysterious Paper Sculptures" by chrisdonia

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Now that is cool, I esp. liked the ones that had characters climbing all over a book.  Is the one in your post supposed to be a dragon hatching, I wonder?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 20, 2011, 02:01:39 AM
Now that is cool, I esp. liked the ones that had characters climbing all over a book.  Is the one in your post supposed to be a dragon hatching, I wonder?

Yep. The sculptures come with little tags, and the one for the dragon says:

"For @scotstorycenter - A gift in support of libraries, books, works, ideas..... Once upon a time there was a book and in the book was a nest and in the nest was an egg and in the egg was a dragon and in the dragon was a story....."

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

What a wonderful thing todo, rather 'Banksy' in nature. They really are superb pieces of work.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.