News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Tell us A Bit About Where You're From

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 05, 2011, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Jester

Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on July 14, 2012, 07:10:51 PM
I absolutely love this description.  It is worthy of classic literature, and that is not a mere random compliment.

Thank you, TWC!  :)
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

bisbell6

I'm Keri, and I'm new, having just posted an intro earlier today and am looking at all the fantastic photos people have posted of where they are from!  I am from Seattle, Washington - the Pacific Northwest of the U.S.  It's a cool state - the only one that has both a rainforest and a desert!  The city is on Puget Sound, an inlet on the Pacific Ocean.  Seattle is the home of Jimi Hendrix, Grunge, The Space Needle, Boeing and Microsoft.

Currently I live in a small town of about 6,000 people, about 80 minutes northeast of Seattle called Duvall.  It's all cows and veggies out here.  I have a little cabin in the woods in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.

I don't know how to post photos, but I'd like to if anyone has the time and inclination to teach me!
"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine so that I may wet my mind and say something clever". (Aristophanes)

Tank

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 15, 2012, 11:49:45 PM
I'm Keri, and I'm new, having just posted an intro earlier today and am looking at all the fantastic photos people have posted of where they are from!  I am from Seattle, Washington - the Pacific Northwest of the U.S.  It's a cool state - the only one that has both a rainforest and a desert!  The city is on Puget Sound, an inlet on the Pacific Ocean.  Seattle is the home of Jimi Hendrix, Grunge, The Space Needle, Boeing and Microsoft.

Currently I live in a small town of about 6,000 people, about 80 minutes northeast of Seattle called Duvall.  It's all cows and veggies out here.  I have a little cabin in the woods in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.

I don't know how to post photos, but I'd like to if anyone has the time and inclination to teach me!

Tutorial here http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7484.0
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

bisbell6

One more time... sorry for the previous mistake!  I'm new at all of this... Seattle, Wa - my home town

"Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine so that I may wet my mind and say something clever". (Aristophanes)

bisbell6

And where I live now - my community, Lake Margaret:

My home:

Amicale

Keri, welcome! Those pictures are gorgeous! I have a couple friends who live very, very close to you, and they'd agree with your assessment of the area being full of cows and veggies.  :D

I really love the scene of the houses along the water, it reminds me of a small town I visited often when I was younger, my friend's back yard went down to a river (as of course did the yards of her neighbors). And the house you live in is so CUTE! I bet it's peaceful!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

I'm in Ottawa Ontario right now, and there are a lot of gorgeous places here.

The Parliament building:

The sunset Skate on the Rideau Canal:

The Chateau Laurier hotel in springtime:

One more Parliament shot, in autumn:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

DeterminedJuliet

We also have a giant spider statue-thingy!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 16, 2012, 04:34:09 AM
Now that I love.

Me too! It's right outside the art gallery downtown. I have a picture somewhere here of me hugging its leg. I'll have to look for it tomorrow, I think it's on the other computer.

BCE, I love your new avatar.  :D

bisbell6

Wow!  Those are some awesome shots of Ottawa.  Very nice, amicale!  Indeed, where I live is truly peaceful, and I feel lucky to be here.  I even really like the cows and veggies! 

Asmodean

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 04:12:11 AM
We also have a giant spider statue-thingy!

The dreadfully ugly minivan spoils it though... Is that a Toyota? Those lights look like I've seen them before...  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: bisbell6 on July 16, 2012, 02:06:39 AM
One more time... sorry for the previous mistake!  I'm new at all of this... Seattle, Wa - my home town

Why did they build the city there, didn't they notice the volcano?

OldGit

bisbell, your home area is lovely, as nice as I've ever seen.  I'm from Herefordshire, in the west of England, right up against the Welsh border.  I'll dig out some photos later - I can't access my Photobucket album for some reason.

xSilverPhinx

Very nice! I think that if the word 'peaceful' could sum an image up, it would be the ones you posted.

QuoteMy home:

Glass windows with no jail bars?  :o No need to shut oneself in as if being besieged by real and imagined thieves?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey