Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Incident at amusement park involving muslims

Started by Sweetdeath, August 31, 2011, 05:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 01, 2011, 12:27:20 AM
Quote from: iSok on September 01, 2011, 12:13:42 AM
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?77005-News-muslim-sisters-banned-from-amusement-park-ride

"The more islamophobic westerners get, the more stupid muslims become."

Pretty much all I would say.

Ooookay. >>
Why link to another forum?

I think it was to demonstrate how Muslims not related to the group at the amusement park are responding to the event.  (and because what he quoted was directly from that forum so he kinda had to cite it).

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Medusa on September 01, 2011, 01:20:01 AM
I hate Muzlims.

Now I feel like part of this group.

No one hates muslims. Just think It's idiotic to make a big deal about a garment. Hnnn. *eye roll*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Whitney

Sweetdeath

I'm not sure what group she means either.  No onr in this forum promoted or encourages hatred of any group/race.

Medusa, your "humor" is really uncalled for sometimes.  You're being off topic as well.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Medusa

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 01, 2011, 04:00:53 AM
I'm not sure what group she means either.  No onr in this forum promoted or encourages hatred of any group/race.

Medusa, your "humor" is really uncalled for sometimes.  You're being off topic as well.
Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 31, 2011, 11:37:06 PM
Quote from: Ihateyoumike on August 31, 2011, 11:01:19 PM
Quote from: Too Few Lions on August 31, 2011, 10:09:18 PM
me thinks we should invent a religion that allows us to do and wear whatever we want, and claim religious discrimination whenever anyone tries to stop us...

I'm for it. Especially since there's good money in starting a religion.

This is true. XD
I'll sue if I can't wear my unicorn horn!
Because unicorns are on topic. ::)

I've seen women in full burka gear rocking it out on the rides next to me at Disneyland.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Sweetdeath

Ok, but this park had a rule against wearing their scarves.   Most parks have the hat policy.  At least every theme park i've been to.

They need to deal with it, because it is a safety concern for not just themselves.

Medusa

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 01, 2011, 03:19:05 AM
I hate Muzlims.

Just think It's idiotic to make a big deal about a garment. Hnnn. *eye roll*
1) I agree safety comes first. If it's in the rules, it's in the rules.
2) I do think things were over reacted on both ends. Seriously. If you can't get on that ride then get on another ride.

3) The statement I quoted bothers me in a very general sense. Not picking on Sweets for saying it. But it's a common assumption. It's just a scarf. Big fucking deal. I just don't get it. Well you wouldn't. You aren't Muslim. But what bothers me is that there is a big portion of the world thinking Muslim women are oppressed to the T with HAVING to be FORCED to wear such an oppressive garment. Yet they seem to go to the death to make sure it's not taken away from them. The world can't just have it both ways. You can't be oppressed and fight adamantly for your right to wear an oppressed item.

Whitney

Should I take your non-response to my question to mean that you were referring to HAF members when saying "the group"?  if so, I'll thank you to not accuse people of having a view they don't hold.  Not a single person in this thread has expressed hatred towards muslims.  I'll remind you that this isn't the first time you've tried to push the word hate on someone who doesn't have it.

Medusa

Quote from: Whitney on September 01, 2011, 07:09:46 AM
Should I take your non-response to my question to mean that you were referring to HAF members when saying "the group"?  if so, I'll thank you to not accuse people of having a view they don't hold.  Not a single person in this thread has expressed hatred towards muslims.  I'll remind you that this isn't the first time you've tried to push the word hate on someone who doesn't have it.
I was making a joke as to the tone of this thread. In fact after reading the replies I jumped back into the conversation and explained my position.

Sweetdeath

Welp, I will say that I don't know much about muslim women   or culture, so I can't accurately give you a response about that.

This thread is ony about how it shouldnt be a big deal to follow the no hats on rides policy.  Muslim women have made a big deal about their garments before, as I said af police highway checkpoints.  It seems as if police and muslims clash a lot on such a crazy thing like fabric... X_x

Whitney

Quote from: Medusa on September 01, 2011, 07:15:31 AM
Quote from: Whitney on September 01, 2011, 07:09:46 AM
I was making a joke as to the tone of this thread. In fact after reading the replies I jumped back into the conversation and explained my position.

I don't think anyone got the joke. 

Too Few Lions

there's nothing Islamophobic about enforcing health and safety rules (and no, I don't hate Muslims...)

Tank

I hate Muzlims.

I hate Muzlims too! Damb those 'mercan Muslims!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?77005-News-muslim-sisters-banned-from-amusement-park-ride

The fact that 1:1,000 (or less) Muslims are nutters is what gets Muslims a bad name, it shouldn't, but it does, that's just human group think for you. In fact with 1,300,000,000 Muslims around it would only need 1:10,000 (or 0.01%) to be a nutter to give 130,000 fanatics, and they are the one's that take Jihad too far or believe too hard and think they are driven by Allah to kill.

I don't hate Muslims, but I do 'hate' Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc because they are all world views based on historical superstition and the assumption that a god or gods exists. Thus they hold humanity back from understanding what it truly is, an evolved creature. Evolution is pragmatic, not perfect, it has no aim or moral centre or ethical standards. Natural selection simply and brutally selects out those individuals in a group less able to reproduce, that's it, nothing more. Believing that there is a great big sky daddy that knows what's going on and will eventually make things all better is a stupid, stupid, way to behave. It's the ultimate cop-out from responsibility, the ultimate cowardice in the face of reality.

Humainity has to grow up and leave its childhood fairy stories behind and take full responsibility for its actions both individually and collectively and the first step is to flush belief for its own sake and faith down the toilet. ISoK you can't even effectivly define what your god is!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

iSok

Quote from: Tank on September 01, 2011, 11:52:39 AM

The fact that 1:1,000 (or less) Muslims are nutters is what gets Muslims a bad name, it shouldn't, but it does, that's just human group think for you. In fact with 1,300,000,000 Muslims around it would only need 1:10,000 (or 0.01%) to be a nutter to give 130,000 fanatics, and they are the one's that take Jihad too far or believe too hard and think they are driven by Allah to kill.

I don't hate Muslims, but I do 'hate' Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Sikhism etc because they are all world views based on historical superstition and the assumption that a god or gods exists. Thus they hold humanity back from understanding what it truly is, an evolved creature. Evolution is pragmatic, not perfect, it has no aim or moral centre or ethical standards. Natural selection simply and brutally selects out those individuals in a group less able to reproduce, that's it, nothing more. Believing that there is a great big sky daddy that knows what's going on and will eventually make things all better is a stupid, stupid, way to behave. It's the ultimate cop-out from responsibility, the ultimate cowardice in the face of reality.

Humainity has to grow up and leave its childhood fairy stories behind and take full responsibility for its actions both individually and collectively and the first step is to flush belief for its own sake and faith down the toilet. ISoK you can't even effectivly define what your god is!

We've had this discussion before...I can't define God and especially not in the way of the scientific method.

Tank, but I would love to start debating this with you.
Lets start with the following questions: What do you see as progress? What responsibilities do we have?
Qur'an [49:13] - "O Mankind, We created you all from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another. Verily the noblest of you in the sight of God is the most God-fearing of you. Surely God is All-Knowing, All-Aware."