News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Apps?

Started by Medusa, September 01, 2011, 07:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medusa

I didn't see a tech thread and figured this should work here. I have been fiddling on my Android getting some apps put in and changing themes ect. Was curious what some of your fave apps are. Or even themes etc. I currently downloaded the Google sky map app. It's awesome because I can be in my room and just point in any direction and get a star and planet map in real time! Got a few more faves:

~Google sky: map of sky
~Redbox: I reserve movies regularly from my phone.
~ OnTrack: Blood glucose monitor log. This one helps when I go see my doc and I can pull up a chart of my blood sugar readings for him.
~Gas Buddy: Locates the gas prices of the nearest gas stations. Oh man I LOVE LOVE this one!

And you?
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

I avoid apps like the plague until they have a pedigree.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The near-extinct specie I belong to actually use the phone to call people and send an occasional message.

I have a tetris game app, but other than that, I neither want nor need them.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Medusa

I hardly use my phone to talk. It's texting or instant messaging. For me, it helps me keep in touch my Lecter in Egypt. For us, technology in all forms is a way for us to shrink the world just a little.  :)
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tom62

I have the world's most simple cell phone (https://www.johnsphones.com/). You can only phone someone with it. What I love is its very long battery life (a standby time of 3 weeks!).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on September 02, 2011, 09:14:08 PM
I have the world's most simple cell phone (https://www.johnsphones.com/). You can only phone someone with it. What I love is its very long battery life (a standby time of 3 weeks!).
That looks soooooo good!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

you mean you have to actually remember phone numbers?  the horror  ;D

hismikeness

Quote from: Whitney on September 02, 2011, 10:06:05 PM

That or have them written down.  :o
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tank

Quote from: hismikeness on September 02, 2011, 10:08:40 PM

That or have them written down.  :o
The phone has....  wait for it.... a phone book!

Tom62

You can store up to 10 phone numbers  ;D
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Xjeepguy

I sometimes play mindless games, hence:
Stupid zombies
Stupid Ninja
Both free apps, and very addictive.

My favorite apps are:
Parcels: makes keeping track of packages shipped to or from you, regardless of shipping service, very easy. (highly recommended if you ship things or buy from ebay a lot)
Weatherbug Elite
Netflix
Ringdroid
Call Blocker
Widgetsoid

Thats just a few, not mentioning the ones that require rooting your phone ;)
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Sweetdeath

I have a droid huawei. Let's see...  I use these on a daily basis:

AVG Anti virus
Bakery Story (so addictive)
Music Wizzard (download a lot)
Facebook mobile
AIM
Coupons
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.